The assessment of antiangiogenic and antivascular therapies in early-stage clinical trials using magnetic resonance imaging: issues and recommendations.
AuthorsLeach, Martin O
Griffiths, John R
Horsman, Michael R
Jayson, Gordon C
Judson, Ian R
Maxwell, Ross J
Waterton, John C
AffiliationCancer Research UK Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVascular and angiogenic processes provide an important target for novel cancer therapeutics. Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging is being used increasingly to noninvasively monitor the action of these therapeutics in early-stage clinical trials. This publication reports the outcome of a workshop that considered the methodology and design of magnetic resonance studies, recommending how this new tool might best be used.
CitationThe assessment of antiangiogenic and antivascular therapies in early-stage clinical trials using magnetic resonance imaging: issues and recommendations. 2005, 92 (9):1599-610 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Antivascular cancer treatments: functional assessments by dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging.
- Authors: Padhani AR, Leach MO
- Issue date: 2005 May-Jun
- Assessment of antiangiogenic and antivascular therapeutics using MRI: recommendations for appropriate methodology for clinical trials.
- Authors: Leach MO, Brindle KM, Evelhoch JL, Griffiths JR, Horsman MR, Jackson A, Jayson G, Judson IR, Knopp MV, Maxwell RJ, McIntyre D, Padhani AR, Price P, Rathbone R, Rustin G, Tofts PS, Tozer GM, Vennart W, Waterton JC, Williams SR, Workman P
- Issue date: 2003
- Angiogenesis modulation in cancer research: novel clinical approaches.
- Authors: Cristofanilli M, Charnsangavej C, Hortobagyi GN
- Issue date: 2002 Jun
- Imaging vascular physiology to monitor cancer treatment.
- Authors: Laking GR, West C, Buckley DL, Matthews J, Price PM
- Issue date: 2006 May
- Challenges facing antiangiogenic therapy for cancer: impact of the tumor extracellular environment.
- Authors: Gagne P, Akalu A, Brooks PC
- Issue date: 2004 Feb