Estimation of haemopoietic progenitor cells in peripheral blood by the Advia 120 and BD vantage flow cytometer: a direct comparison for the prediction of adequate collections.
AuthorsGreenfield, Hayley M
Sweeney, D A
Newton, R K
AffiliationDepartment of Haematology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeripheral blood stem cells are increasingly used to ensure rapid haematological engraftment after myeloablative chemotherapy. After mobilization, progenitor cells in the blood can be enumerated to predict an adequate collection by leukapheresis. The Advia 120 automated counter has an immature cell channel measuring a parameter known as large undifferentiated cells (LUC's), which were quantified to assess their value in refining the timing of apheresis. Data were available from 102 apheresis sessions. Positive correlation was found for peripheral blood CD34+ cells and apheresis counts (r = 0.82, P < 0.0005) but not for total WCC (r = -0.15, P = 0.13) or LUC count (r = 0.12, P = 0.23). Our results indicate that the LUC population in peripheral blood has no relevance to the subsequent CD34 content of the apheresis product and CD34 cell enumeration by flow cytometry is advocated.
CitationEstimation of haemopoietic progenitor cells in peripheral blood by the Advia 120 and BD vantage flow cytometer: a direct comparison for the prediction of adequate collections. 2005, 27 (5):287-91 Clin Lab Haematol
JournalClinical and Laboratory Haematology
- [Effect of processed blood volume, leukocyte count and concentration of CD34-positive cells in peripheral blood on efficiency of stem cell apheresis].
- Authors: Matic GB, Ullrich H, Barlage S, Rothe G, Schmitz G
- Issue date: 1997
- Predictive value of circulating immature cell counts in peripheral blood for timing of peripheral blood progenitor cell collection after G-CSF plus chemotherapy-induced mobilization.
- Authors: Kozuka T, Ikeda K, Teshima T, Kojima K, Matsuo K, Bessho A, Sunami K, Hiramatsu Y, Maeda Y, Noguchi T, Yamamoto K, Fujii N, Imai T, Takenaka K, Shinagawa K, Ishimaru F, Niiya K, Koide N, Tanimoto M, Harada M
- Issue date: 2002 Nov
- Correlation of hematopoietic progenitor cell count determined by the SE-automated hematology analyzer with CD34(+) cell count by flow cytometry in leukapheresis products.
- Authors: Park KU, Kim SH, Suh C, Kim S, Lee SJ, Park JS, Cho HJ, Kim KW, Lee K, Kim HJ, Park J, Joo Min Y, Kim JG, Kim T, Lee JH, Kim SB, Kim SW, Lee KH, Lee JS, Kim WK, Park CJ, Chi HS
- Issue date: 2001 May
- Hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) and immature reticulocytes evaluations in mobilization process: new parameters measured by conventional blood cell counter.
- Authors: Noronha JF, Lorand-Metze IG, Grotto HZ
- Issue date: 2006
- Use of the haemopoietic progenitor cell count of the Sysmex SE-9500 to refine apheresis timing of peripheral blood stem cells.
- Authors: Pollard Y, Watts MJ, Grant D, Chavda N, Linch DC, Machin SJ
- Issue date: 1999 Aug