Estimation of haemopoietic progenitor cells in peripheral blood by the Advia 120 and BD vantage flow cytometer: a direct comparison for the prediction of adequate collections.
AuthorsGreenfield, Hayley M
Sweeney, D A
Newton, R K
AffiliationDepartment of Haematology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeripheral blood stem cells are increasingly used to ensure rapid haematological engraftment after myeloablative chemotherapy. After mobilization, progenitor cells in the blood can be enumerated to predict an adequate collection by leukapheresis. The Advia 120 automated counter has an immature cell channel measuring a parameter known as large undifferentiated cells (LUC's), which were quantified to assess their value in refining the timing of apheresis. Data were available from 102 apheresis sessions. Positive correlation was found for peripheral blood CD34+ cells and apheresis counts (r = 0.82, P < 0.0005) but not for total WCC (r = -0.15, P = 0.13) or LUC count (r = 0.12, P = 0.23). Our results indicate that the LUC population in peripheral blood has no relevance to the subsequent CD34 content of the apheresis product and CD34 cell enumeration by flow cytometry is advocated.
CitationEstimation of haemopoietic progenitor cells in peripheral blood by the Advia 120 and BD vantage flow cytometer: a direct comparison for the prediction of adequate collections. 2005, 27 (5):287-91 Clin Lab Haematol
JournalClinical and Laboratory Haematology
- [Effect of processed blood volume, leukocyte count and concentration of CD34-positive cells in peripheral blood on efficiency of stem cell apheresis].
- Authors: Matic GB, Ullrich H, Barlage S, Rothe G, Schmitz G
- Issue date: 1997
- Correlation of hematopoietic progenitor cell count determined by the SE-automated hematology analyzer with CD34(+) cell count by flow cytometry in leukapheresis products.
- Authors: Park KU, Kim SH, Suh C, Kim S, Lee SJ, Park JS, Cho HJ, Kim KW, Lee K, Kim HJ, Park J, Joo Min Y, Kim JG, Kim T, Lee JH, Kim SB, Kim SW, Lee KH, Lee JS, Kim WK, Park CJ, Chi HS
- Issue date: 2001 May
- Evaluation of an algorithm based on peripheral blood hematopoietic progenitor cell and CD34+ cell concentrations to optimize peripheral blood progenitor cell collection by apheresis.
- Authors: Lefrère F, Zohar S, Beaudier S, Audat F, Ribeil JA, Ghez D, Varet B, Cavazzana-Calvo M, Dal Cortivo L, Letestu R, McIntyre E, Brouzes C
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Peripheral blood circulating immature cell counts predict CD34+ cell yields in G-CSF-induced PBPC mobilization in healthy donors.
- Authors: Kozuka T, Ikeda K, Teshima T, Yoshida C, Shinagawa K, Kojima K, Matsuo K, Bessho A, Sunami K, Hiramatsu Y, Maeda Y, Noguchi T, Yamamoto K, Fujii N, Imai T, Kusumoto KK, Masuda K, Takenaka K, Ishimaru F, Niiya K, Koide N, Tanimoto M, Harada M
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Hematopoietic progenitor cell count, but not immature platelet fraction value, predicts successful harvest of autologous peripheral blood stem cells.
- Authors: Mitani N, Yujiri T, Tanaka Y, Tanaka M, Fujii Y, Hinoda Y, Tanizawa Y
- Issue date: 2011