Sequential platinum-based chemotherapy-thoracic radiotherapy in early stage non-small cell lung cancer.
AffiliationCRC Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX, United Kingdom. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCombined chemoradiotherapy (CTRT) is intended to reduce the risk of local regional recurrence and distant relapse in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Sequential CTRT allows full doses of each modality while avoiding the additive toxicity that occurs with concurrent therapy. This review will encompass studies in the three main settings where sequential CTRT has been applied in early stage NSCLC: as adjuvant therapy after resection, as neoadjuvant chemotherapy and surgery followed by radiotherapy, and in unresectable stage III disease.
CitationSequential platinum-based chemotherapy-thoracic radiotherapy in early stage non-small cell lung cancer. 2005, 11 (13 Pt 2):5051s-5056s Clin. Cancer Res.
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- Randomized phase III trial of sequential chemoradiotherapy compared with concurrent chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: Groupe Lyon-Saint-Etienne d'Oncologie Thoracique-Groupe Français de Pneumo-Cancérologie NPC 95-01 Study.
- Authors: Fournel P, Robinet G, Thomas P, Souquet PJ, Léna H, Vergnenégre A, Delhoume JY, Le Treut J, Silvani JA, Dansin E, Bozonnat MC, Daurés JP, Mornex F, Pérol M, Groupe Lyon-Saint-Etienne d'Oncologie Thoracique-Groupe Français de Pneumo-Cancérologie.
- Issue date: 2005 Sep 1
- A phase II study of induction chemotherapy followed by concurrent chemoradiotherapy in elderly patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Giorgio CG, Pappalardo A, Russo A, Santini D, Di Rosa C, Di Salvo C, Castorina S, Marletta F, Bellissima G, Palermo N, Scuderi C, Bordonaro R
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Phase I trial of radiation with concurrent and consolidation pemetrexed and cisplatin in patients with unresectable stage IIIA/B non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Brade A, Bezjak A, MacRae R, Laurie S, Sun A, Cho J, Leighl N, Pearson S, Southwood B, Wang L, McGill S, Iscoe N, Shepherd FA
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 1
- Neoadjuvant concurrent chemotherapy and radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Ramella S, Ciresa M, Massaccesi M, Franceschini G, D'Angelillo RM, Trodella L
- Issue date: 2004 Oct-Dec
- Concurrent chemoradiotherapy with vinorelbine and a platinum compound followed by consolidation chemotherapy for unresectable stage III non-small cell lung cancer: preliminary results of a phase II study.
- Authors: Rusu P, Ciuleanu TE, Cernea D, Pelau D, Gaal V, Cebotaru C, Guttman T, Todor N, Ghilezan N
- Issue date: 2007 Jan-Mar