Tumor targeted gene therapy with plasmid expressing human tumor necrosis factor alpha in vitro and in vivo.
AffiliationCancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, 833 91 Bratislava, Slovak Republic. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have assessed the effect of exogenous human tumor necrosis factor alpha (hTNFalpha) in three human cancer cell lines; MDA-MB-361 (breast adenocarcinoma), HCT 116 (colon carcinoma) and 8-MG-BA (glioma). In vitro transfection of a plasmid containing hTNFalpha under the control of a hybrid promoter resulted in expression of hTNFalpha gene in all three cell lines and secretion into the culture medium was seen with MDA-MB-361 cells. Flow cytometric analysis showed a significant increase in apoptotic and necrotic cells in MDA-MB-361 and to a lesser extent in HCT 116 cells. Increased apoptosis was confirmed by an increase in pro-caspase 3 activation. No effects of hTNFalpha expression were seen in 8-MG-BA cells. Intratumoral delivery of the hTNFalpha expression plasmid into MDA-MB-361 tumor xenografts grown in nude mice caused hemorrhagic tumor necrosis. This strategy may be a simple and promising gene therapy approach to the treatment of some human tumors.
CitationTumor targeted gene therapy with plasmid expressing human tumor necrosis factor alpha in vitro and in vivo. 2005, 52 (4):344-51 Neoplasma
- Treatment of human tumor cells by combine gene therapy harnessing plasmids expressing human tumor necrosis factor alpha and bacterial cytosine deaminase suicide gene.
- Authors: Pastorakova A, Hlubinova K, Altaner C
- Issue date: 2006
- Combine cancer gene therapy harnessing plasmids expressing human tumor necrosis factor alpha and Herpes simplex thymidine kinase suicide gene.
- Authors: Pastorakova A, Hlubinova K, Jakubikova J, Altaner C
- Issue date: 2006
- Cancer gene therapy using a novel secretable trimeric TRAIL.
- Authors: Kim CY, Jeong M, Mushiake H, Kim BM, Kim WB, Ko JP, Kim MH, Kim M, Kim TH, Robbins PD, Billiar TR, Seol DW
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Glial-specific retrovirally mediated gas1 gene expression induces glioma cell apoptosis and inhibits tumor growth in vivo.
- Authors: Zamorano A, Mellström B, Vergara P, Naranjo JR, Segovia J
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Dual-targeted antitumor effects against brainstem glioma by intravenous delivery of tumor necrosis factor-related, apoptosis-inducing, ligand-engineered human mesenchymal stem cells.
- Authors: Yang B, Wu X, Mao Y, Bao W, Gao L, Zhou P, Xie R, Zhou L, Zhu J
- Issue date: 2009 Sep