Promotion of prostatic metastatic migration towards human bone marrow stoma by Omega 6 and its inhibition by Omega 3 PUFAs.
AffiliationProMPT Genito Urinary Cancer Research Group, Cancer Research UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEpidemiological studies have shown not only a relationship between the intake of dietary lipids and an increased risk of developing metastatic prostate cancer, but also the type of lipid intake that influences the risk of metastatic prostate cancer. The Omega-6 poly-unsaturated fatty acid, Arachidonic acid, has been shown to enhance the proliferation of malignant prostate epithelial cells and increase the risk of advanced prostate cancer. However, its role in potentiating the migration of cancer cells is unknown. Here we show that arachidonic acid at concentrations
CitationPromotion of prostatic metastatic migration towards human bone marrow stoma by Omega 6 and its inhibition by Omega 3 PUFAs. 2006, 94 (6):842-53 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Influence of omega-6 PUFA arachidonic acid and bone marrow adipocytes on metastatic spread from prostate cancer.
- Authors: Brown MD, Hart C, Gazi E, Gardner P, Lockyer N, Clarke N
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 19
- Ligand-independent activation of EphA2 by arachidonic acid induces metastasis-like behaviour in prostate cancer cells.
- Authors: Tawadros T, Brown MD, Hart CA, Clarke NW
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 6
- [Role of Rho GTPase in inhibiting metastatic ability of human prostate cancer cell line PC-3 by omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid].
- Authors: Yi L, Zhang QY, Mi MT
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- The effects of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids on in vitro prostate cancer growth.
- Authors: Pandalai PK, Pilat MJ, Yamazaki K, Naik H, Pienta KJ
- Issue date: 1996 Mar-Apr
- Effect of n-3 and n-6 unsaturated fatty acids on prostate cancer (PC-3) and prostate epithelial (RWPE-1) cells in vitro.
- Authors: Meng H, Shen Y, Shen J, Zhou F, Shen S, Das UN
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 29