The prognostic value of pimonidazole and tumour pO2 in human cervix carcinomas after radiation therapy: a prospective international multi-center study.
Loncaster, Juliette A
West, Catharine M L
Lindegaard, Jacob C
Davidson, Susan E
Hunter, Robin D
Raleigh, James A
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark. email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Hypoxia adversely affects treatment outcome in human uterine cervical cancer. Here, we present the results of a prospective international multi-centre study evaluating the prognostic value of pre-treatment tumour oxygen partial pressure (pO(2)) and the hypoxia marker pimonidazole (pimo). MATERIALS AND METHODS: One hundred and twenty-seven patients with primary cervix cancer were entered. Pre-treatment tumour pO(2) measurements were obtained, and reported by the median tumour pO(2), the fraction of pO(2) values
CitationThe prognostic value of pimonidazole and tumour pO2 in human cervix carcinomas after radiation therapy: a prospective international multi-center study. 2006, 80 (2):123-31 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Measurements of hypoxia using pimonidazole and polarographic oxygen-sensitive electrodes in human cervix carcinomas.
- Authors: Nordsmark M, Loncaster J, Aquino-Parsons C, Chou SC, Ladekarl M, Havsteen H, Lindegaard JC, Davidson SE, Varia M, West C, Hunter R, Overgaard J, Raleigh JA
- Issue date: 2003 Apr
- Long-term performance of interstial fluid pressure and hypoxia as prognostic factors in cervix cancer.
- Authors: Fyles A, Milosevic M, Pintilie M, Syed A, Levin W, Manchul L, Hill RP
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Invasive oxygen measurements and pimonidazole labeling in human cervix carcinoma.
- Authors: Nordsmark M, Loncaster J, Chou SC, Havsteen H, Lindegaard JC, Davidson SE, Varia M, West C, Hunter R, Overgaard J, Raleigh JA
- Issue date: 2001 Feb 1
- The fate of hypoxic (pimonidazole-labelled) cells in human cervix tumours undergoing chemo-radiotherapy.
- Authors: Durand RE, Aquino-Parsons C
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Prognostic value of tumor oxygenation in 397 head and neck tumors after primary radiation therapy. An international multi-center study.
- Authors: Nordsmark M, Bentzen SM, Rudat V, Brizel D, Lartigau E, Stadler P, Becker A, Adam M, Molls M, Dunst J, Terris DJ, Overgaard J
- Issue date: 2005 Oct