The prognostic value of pimonidazole and tumour pO2 in human cervix carcinomas after radiation therapy: a prospective international multi-center study.
Loncaster, Juliette A
West, Catharine M L
Lindegaard, Jacob C
Davidson, Susan E
Hunter, Robin D
Raleigh, James A
AffiliationDepartment of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark. firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Hypoxia adversely affects treatment outcome in human uterine cervical cancer. Here, we present the results of a prospective international multi-centre study evaluating the prognostic value of pre-treatment tumour oxygen partial pressure (pO(2)) and the hypoxia marker pimonidazole (pimo). MATERIALS AND METHODS: One hundred and twenty-seven patients with primary cervix cancer were entered. Pre-treatment tumour pO(2) measurements were obtained, and reported by the median tumour pO(2), the fraction of pO(2) values
CitationThe prognostic value of pimonidazole and tumour pO2 in human cervix carcinomas after radiation therapy: a prospective international multi-center study. 2006, 80 (2):123-31 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Long-term performance of interstial fluid pressure and hypoxia as prognostic factors in cervix cancer.
- Authors: Fyles A, Milosevic M, Pintilie M, Syed A, Levin W, Manchul L, Hill RP
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- The fate of hypoxic (pimonidazole-labelled) cells in human cervix tumours undergoing chemo-radiotherapy.
- Authors: Durand RE, Aquino-Parsons C
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Hypoxia-induced treatment failure in advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix is primarily due to hypoxia-induced radiation resistance rather than hypoxia-induced metastasis.
- Authors: Rofstad EK, Sundfør K, Lyng H, Tropé CG
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- Tumour cell proliferation under hypoxic conditions in human head and neck squamous cell carcinomas.
- Authors: Wijffels KI, Marres HA, Peters JP, Rijken PF, van der Kogel AJ, Kaanders JH
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Measurements of hypoxia using pimonidazole and polarographic oxygen-sensitive electrodes in human cervix carcinomas.
- Authors: Nordsmark M, Loncaster J, Aquino-Parsons C, Chou SC, Ladekarl M, Havsteen H, Lindegaard JC, Davidson SE, Varia M, West C, Hunter R, Overgaard J, Raleigh JA
- Issue date: 2003 Apr