Experimentally-derived functional form for a population-averaged high-temporal-resolution arterial input function for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI.
AuthorsParker, Geoff J M
Buonaccorsi, Giovanni A
Buckley, David L
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationImaging Science and Biomedical Engineering, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRapid T(1)-weighted 3D spoiled gradient-echo (GRE) data sets were acquired in the abdomen of 23 cancer patients during a total of 113 separate visits to allow dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI (DCE-MRI) analysis of tumor microvasculature. The arterial input function (AIF) was measured in each patient at each visit using an automated AIF extraction method following a standardized bolus administration of gadodiamide. The AIFs for each patient were combined to obtain a mean AIF that is representative for any individual. The functional form of this general AIF may be useful for studies in which AIF measurements are not possible. Improvements in the reproducibility of DCE-MRI model parameters (K(trans), v(e), and v(p)) were observed when this new, high-temporal-resolution population AIF was used, indicating the potential for increased sensitivity to therapy-induced change.
CitationExperimentally-derived functional form for a population-averaged high-temporal-resolution arterial input function for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. 2006, 56 (5):993-1000 Magn Reson Med
JournalMagnetic Resonance in Medicine
- A comparison of two methods for estimating DCE-MRI parameters via individual and cohort based AIFs in prostate cancer: a step towards practical implementation.
- Authors: Fedorov A, Fluckiger J, Ayers GD, Li X, Gupta SN, Tempany C, Mulkern R, Yankeelov TE, Fennessy FM
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Reproducibility of the aortic input function (AIF) derived from dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) of the kidneys in a volunteer study.
- Authors: Mendichovszky IA, Cutajar M, Gordon I
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- A novel AIF tracking method and comparison of DCE-MRI parameters using individual and population-based AIFs in human breast cancer.
- Authors: Li X, Welch EB, Arlinghaus LR, Chakravarthy AB, Xu L, Farley J, Loveless ME, Mayer IA, Kelley MC, Meszoely IM, Means-Powell JA, Abramson VG, Grau AM, Gore JC, Yankeelov TE
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 7
- Assessment of repeatability and treatment response in early phase clinical trials using DCE-MRI: comparison of parametric analysis using MR- and CT-derived arterial input functions.
- Authors: Rata M, Collins DJ, Darcy J, Messiou C, Tunariu N, Desouza N, Young H, Leach MO, Orton MR
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Comparison of model-based arterial input functions for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI in tumor bearing rats.
- Authors: McGrath DM, Bradley DP, Tessier JL, Lacey T, Taylor CJ, Parker GJ
- Issue date: 2009 May