Analysis of metal radioisotope impurities generated in [(18)O]H(2)O during the cyclotron production of fluorine-18.
AffiliationCancer Research-UK/UMIST Radiochemical Targeting and Imaging Group, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe show the separation of metal radioisotope impurities using capillary electrophoresis (CE). The methodology used is an improvement of existent protocols for separation of stable metal ions. Production of fluorine-18 using [(18)O]H(2)O-enriched water encased in a titanium target body results in the production of several metal radioisotope impurities. Optimisation of the conditions for CE separation of the metal radioisotope impurities incorporated the use of 6 mM 18-Crown-6 in combination with 12 mM glycolic acid as complexing agents within the running buffer (10 mM pyridine, pH 4.0). Using this optimised procedure, we were able to separate and detect a number of metal radioisotopes, including chromium, cobalt, manganese, vanadium and berillium, within the fM concentration range.
CitationAnalysis of metal radioisotope impurities generated in [(18)O]H(2)O during the cyclotron production of fluorine-18. 2006, 64 (4):431-4 Appl Radiat Isot
JournalApplied Radiation and Isotopes
- Radionuclide impurities in proton-irradiated [18O]H2O for the production of 18F-: activities and distribution in the [18F]FDG synthesis process.
- Authors: Bowden L, Vintró LL, Mitchell PI, O'Donnell RG, Seymour AM, Duffy GJ
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Purification by ozonolysis of (18)O enriched water after cyclotron irradiation and the utilization of the purified water for the production of [18F]-FDG (2-deoxy-2-[18F]-fluoro-d-glucose).
- Authors: Asti M, Grassi E, Sghedoni R, De Pietri G, Fioroni F, Versari A, Borasi G, Salvo D
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- A water target with beam sweep for routine fluorine-18 production.
- Authors: Helmeke HJ, Harms T, Knapp WH
- Issue date: 2001 May
- Capillary electrophoresis as a nanoreactor of separation capability: on-capillary reaction catalyzed by transition metal ions.
- Authors: Yamashiro T, Okada T
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- Thermal performance of batch boiling water targets for 18F production.
- Authors: Peeples JL, Stokely MH, Michael Doster J
- Issue date: 2011 Oct