AuthorsNemeth, Jeffrey A
Nakada, Marian T
Gordon, Michael S
Jayson, Gordon C
Corringham, Robert E
Davis, Hugh M
Beckman, Robert A
AffiliationCentocor, Inc., Radnor, Pennsylvania 19087, USA. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntegrins are heterodimeric cell adhesion receptors that mediate intercellular communication through cell-extracellular matrix interactions and cell-cell interactions. Integrins have been demonstrated to play a direct role in cancer progression, specifically in tumor cell survival, tumor angiogenesis, and metastasis. Therefore, agents targeted against integrin function have potential as effective anticancer therapies. Numerous anti-integrin agents, including monoclonal antibodies and small-molecule inhibitors, are in clinical development for the treatment of solid and hematologic tumors. This review focuses on the role of alpha(v) integrins in cancer progression, the current status of integrin-targeted agents in development, and strategies for the clinical development of anti-integrin therapies.
CitationAlpha-v integrins as therapeutic targets in oncology. 2007, 25 (7):632-46 Cancer Invest.
- Anti-angiogenic cancer therapy based on integrin alphavbeta3 antagonism.
- Authors: Cai W, Chen X
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Chemically programmed antibodies targeting multiple alpha(v) integrins and their effects on tumor-related functions in vitro.
- Authors: Goswami RK, Bajjuri KM, Forsyth JS, Das S, Hassenpflug W, Huang ZZ, Lerner RA, Felding-Habermann B, Sinha SC
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 17
- Integrin-Targeted Peptide- and Peptidomimetic-Drug Conjugates for the Treatment of Tumors.
- Authors: Arosio D, Manzoni L, Corno C, Perego P
- Issue date: 2017
- Small molecule alpha(v) integrin antagonists: novel anticancer agents.
- Authors: Kerr JS, Slee AM, Mousa SA
- Issue date: 2000 Jun
- Endothelial alpha5 and alphav integrins cooperate in remodeling of the vasculature during development.
- Authors: van der Flier A, Badu-Nkansah K, Whittaker CA, Crowley D, Bronson RT, Lacy-Hulbert A, Hynes RO
- Issue date: 2010 Jul