Nodular basal cell carcinoma in Gorlin's syndrome treated with systemic photodynamic therapy and interstitial optical fiber diffuser laser.
Loncaster, Juliette A
Lear, John T
AffiliationDermatology Centre, Hope Hospital, Salford, Manchester, M6 8HD, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNodular basal cell carcinomas resistant to multiple forms of treatment in two patients with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (Gorlin's syndrome) were treated with systemic porfimer sodium-based photodynamic therapy. Interstitially placed optical diffuser fibers were used to deliver light. Good response to treatment was seen on clinical evaluation and on measurement by a 20-MHz high-resolution ultrasound.
CitationNodular basal cell carcinoma in Gorlin's syndrome treated with systemic photodynamic therapy and interstitial optical fiber diffuser laser. 2006, 55 (5 Suppl):S86-9 J. Am. Acad. Dermatol.
JournalJournal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- delta-Aminolevulinic acid and blue light photodynamic therapy for treatment of multiple basal cell carcinomas in two patients with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome.
- Authors: Itkin A, Gilchrest BA
- Issue date: 2004 Jul
- Efficacy of photodynamic therapy as a treatment for Gorlin syndrome-related basal cell carcinomas.
- Authors: Loncaster J, Swindell R, Slevin F, Sheridan L, Allan D, Allan E
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- A dose ranging study of photodynamic therapy with porfimer sodium (Photofrin) for treatment of basal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Oseroff AR, Blumenson LR, Wilson BD, Mang TS, Bellnier DA, Parsons JC, Frawley N, Cooper M, Zeitouni N, Dougherty TJ
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Broad area photodynamic therapy for treatment of multiple basal cell carcinomas in a patient with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome.
- Authors: Chapas AM, Gilchrest BA
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Treatment of diffuse basal cell carcinomas and basaloid follicular hamartomas in nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome by wide-area 5-aminolevulinic acid photodynamic therapy.
- Authors: Oseroff AR, Shieh S, Frawley NP, Cheney R, Blumenson LE, Pivnick EK, Bellnier DA
- Issue date: 2005 Jan