AffiliationChristie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractColorectal cancer (CRC) caused over 500 000 deaths worldwide in 2002. Recent advances in the treatment of advanced disease include the incorporation of two new cytotoxic agents, irinotecan and oxaliplatin, into first-line regimens. The concept of planned sequential therapy involving three active agents during the course of a patient's treatment is evolving. Coupled with the integrated use of targeted monoclonal antibodies, we can now expect overall survival rates for advanced disease to exceed 20 months. This review considers current treatments and suggests where future progress may occur.
CitationManagement of advanced colorectal cancer: state of the art. 2006, 95 (2):131-8 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- The management of colorectal liver metastases: Expanding the role of hepatic resection in the age of multimodal therapy.
- Authors: Chiappa A, Makuuchi M, Lygidakis NJ, Zbar AP, Chong G, Bertani E, Sitzler PJ, Biffi R, Pace U, Bianchi PP, Contino G, Misitano P, Orsi F, Travaini L, Trifirò G, Zampino MG, Fazio N, Goldhirsch A, Andreoni B
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Towards a pan-European consensus on the treatment of patients with colorectal liver metastases.
- Authors: Van Cutsem E, Nordlinger B, Adam R, Köhne CH, Pozzo C, Poston G, Ychou M, Rougier P, European Colorectal Metastases Treatment Group
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- The use of irinotecan, oxaliplatin and raltitrexed for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Hind D, Tappenden P, Tumur I, Eggington S, Sutcliffe P, Ryan A
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Irinotecan and oxaliplatin: an overview of the novel chemotherapeutic options for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Grivicich I, Mans DR, Peters GJ, Schwartsmann G
- Issue date: 2001 Sep
- Systematic review and economic evaluation of bevacizumab and cetuximab for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Tappenden P, Jones R, Paisley S, Carroll C
- Issue date: 2007 Mar