Normal levels of serum IGF-I: determinants and validity of current reference ranges.
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Rd, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. georg.Brabant@Manchester.ac.uk
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInsulin like growth factor I (IGF-I) represents the key marker for the evaluation of Growth hormone (GH) status. As a large number of determinants including age, gender, genetic factors, nutrition, and disease states influence IGF-I serum levels, accurate normative data are essential to translate patient data into diagnostic meaning or even use IGF-I levels for adequate monitoring of patients with an over- or under-active GH axis. Even though reference ranges have been developed in large cohorts of healthy subjects, the dependency of these data on a given assay technology argues for assay specific normative data for IGF-I.
CitationNormal levels of serum IGF-I: determinants and validity of current reference ranges. 2007, 10 (2):129-33 Pituitary
- Free insulin-like growth factor I serum levels in 1430 healthy children and adults, and its diagnostic value in patients suspected of growth hormone deficiency.
- Authors: Juul A, Holm K, Kastrup KW, Pedersen SA, Michaelsen KF, Scheike T, Rasmussen S, Müller J, Skakkebaek NE
- Issue date: 1997 Aug
- Reference ranges for an automated chemiluminescent assay for serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) in a large population of healthy adults from Buenos Aires.
- Authors: Guitelman M, Smithuis F, Garcia Basavilbaso N, Aranda C, Fabre B, Oneto A
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- IGF-I measurements in the monitoring of GH therapy.
- Authors: Higham CE, Jostel A, Trainer PJ
- Issue date: 2007
- The IGF-I generation test revisited: a marker of GH sensitivity.
- Authors: Buckway CK, Guevara-Aguirre J, Pratt KL, Burren CP, Rosenfeld RG
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- Establishment of reference values for endocrine tests. Part VII: growth hormone deficiency.
- Authors: Eskes SA, Tomasoa NB, Endert E, Geskus RB, Fliers E, Wiersinga WM
- Issue date: 2009 Apr