PAX3 and PAX3-FKHR promote rhabdomyosarcoma cell survival through downregulation of PTEN.
AffiliationSchool of Biology, Chemistry and Health Science, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester M1 5GD, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPAX3 or PAX3-FKHR expression is implicated in cell transformation and tumourigenesis. Here, C2C12 myoblasts were transfected with a sense Pax3 vector and a pTet-On system to induce Pax3 expression, whereas to downregulate PAX3-FKHR, Rh18 was transfected with an antisense Pax3 with a pTet-On system. The inhibition of PAX3-FKHR in Rh18 induced upregulation of PTEN. Decreased resistance to apoptosis and increased transformation ability were observed in the Rh18 cells with PAX3-FKHR downregulation. Conversely, Pax3 induction in C2C12 cells downregulated the expression of PTEN and p27(Kip1). These results indicate that the involvement of PAX3 and PAX3-FKHR in rhabdomyosarcoma tumourigenesis may be through downregulation of PTEN tumour suppressor gene, affecting the PTEN/AKT survival pathway.
CitationPAX3 and PAX3-FKHR promote rhabdomyosarcoma cell survival through downregulation of PTEN. 2007, 253 (2):215-23 Cancer Lett.
- The PAX3-FKHR fusion gene of rhabdomyosarcoma cooperates with loss of p16INK4A to promote bypass of cellular senescence.
- Authors: Linardic CM, Naini S, Herndon JE 2nd, Kesserwan C, Qualman SJ, Counter CM
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 15
- PAX3-FKHR transformation increases 26 S proteasome-dependent degradation of p27Kip1, a potential role for elevated Skp2 expression.
- Authors: Zhang L, Wang C
- Issue date: 2003 Jan 3
- PAX3-FOXO1 is essential for tumour initiation and maintenance but not recurrence in a human myoblast model of rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Pandey PR, Chatterjee B, Olanich ME, Khan J, Miettinen MM, Hewitt SM, Barr FG
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Insulin-like growth factor II and PAX3-FKHR cooperate in the oncogenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Authors: Wang W, Kumar P, Wang W, Epstein J, Helman L, Moore JV, Kumar S
- Issue date: 1998 Oct 1
- Investigation of PAX3/7-FKHR fusion genes and IGF2 gene expression in rhabdomyosarcoma tumors.
- Authors: de Souza RR, Oliveira ID, Caran EM, Alves MT, Abib S, Toledo SR
- Issue date: 2012 Dec