The synthesis and properties of tricyclic analogues of S6-methylthioguanine and O6-methylguanine.
AuthorsHornillo-Araujo, Ana R
Burrell, Adam J M
Aiertza, Miren K
Hammond, David M
Margison, Geoffrey P
Williams, David M
AffiliationCentre for Chemical Biology, Department of Chemistry, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe syntheses of novel tricyclic pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidine analogues of O(6)-methylguanine and S(6)-methylthioguanine are described. The crystal structures and pK(a) values of these analogues are reported. In a standard substrate assay with the human repair protein O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) only the oxygen-containing analogue displayed activity.
CitationThe synthesis and properties of tricyclic analogues of S6-methylthioguanine and O6-methylguanine. 2007, 26 (8-9):1099-102 Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids
JournalNucleosides, Nucleotides & Nucleic Acids
- The syntheses and properties of tricyclic pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidine analogues of S6-methylthioguanine and O6-methylguanine.
- Authors: Hornillo-Araujo AR, Burrell AJ, Aiertza MK, Shibata T, Hammond DM, Edmont D, Adams H, Margison GP, Williams DM
- Issue date: 2006 May 7
- The syntheses of tricyclic analogues of O6-methylguanine.
- Authors: Hammond DM, Edmont D, Hornillo-Araujo AR, Williams DM
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 7
- Synthesis of 131I-labeled glucose-conjugated inhibitors of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) and comparison with nonconjugated inhibitors as potential tools for in vivo MGMT imaging.
- Authors: Mühlhausen U, Schirrmacher R, Piel M, Lecher B, Briegert M, Piee-Staffa A, Kaina B, Rösch F
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 12
- Monosaccharide-linked inhibitors of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT): synthesis, molecular modeling, and structure-activity relationships.
- Authors: Reinhard J, Hull WE, von der Lieth CW, Eichhorn U, Kliem HC, Kaina B, Wiessler M
- Issue date: 2001 Nov 22
- Inactivation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and sensitization of human tumor cells to killing by chloroethylnitrosourea by O6-methylguanine as a free base.
- Authors: Yarosh DB, Hurst-Calderone S, Babich MA, Day RS 3rd
- Issue date: 1986 Apr