Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma: a rare tumor presenting as an abdominal mass.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Warrington Hospital, Warrington, England. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFollicular dendritic cell (FDC) sarcoma is a rare and probably even underreported entity. Only approximately some 50 cases have been described in the literature, the majority of which had a lymph node origin. The authors report a case of FDC sarcoma arising within the soft tissues of the abdominal cavity. As FDC markers are often not routinely included in antibody panels, awareness of this sarcoma is important, as it can be confused with other tumors, especially when occurring extranodally.
CitationFollicular dendritic cell sarcoma: a rare tumor presenting as an abdominal mass. 2007, 15 (3):315-7 Int. J. Surg. Pathol.
JournalInternational Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma arising from the hypopharynx.
- Authors: Georgalas C, Kanagalingam J, Gallimore A, O'Flynn P
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Extranodal follicular dendritic cell sarcoma of the head and neck region: three new cases, with a review of the literature.
- Authors: Biddle DA, Ro JY, Yoon GS, Yong YW, Ayala AG, Ordonez NG, Ro J
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma presenting as a submucosal tumor of the stomach.
- Authors: Han JH, Kim SH, Noh SH, Lee YC, Kim HG, Yang WI
- Issue date: 2000 Nov
- Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma of a cervical lymph node: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Sahadevan K, Banerjee A, Wight R
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Dendritic cell neoplasms: an overview.
- Authors: Kairouz S, Hashash J, Kabbara W, McHayleh W, Tabbara IA
- Issue date: 2007 Oct