Rhabdomyoblastic differentiation in malignant melanoma in adults: report of 2 cases.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwo cases of malignant melanoma are reported in adults exhibiting rhabdomyoblastic differentiation to alert pathologists to this rare variant of malignant melanoma. One of the cases presented as a metastasis in a submandibular lymph node, and the other was a primary skin melanoma. There are only a few published reports on melanocytic tumors with rhabdomyoblastic differentiation, mainly occurring in giant congenital nevi. Both cases reported here were confirmed by immunohistochemistry. Both cases were also studied by electron microscopy, and one showed distinctive ultrastructural features of striated muscle.
CitationRhabdomyoblastic differentiation in malignant melanoma in adults: report of 2 cases. 2007, 15 (1):20-5 Int. J. Surg. Pathol.
JournalInternational Journal of Surgical Pathology
- Malignant melanoma with neuroendocrine differentiation: clinical, histological, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural features of three cases.
- Authors: Eyden B, Pandit D, Banerjee SS
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Subungual melanoma: a study of 124 cases highlighting features of early lesions, potential pitfalls in diagnosis, and guidelines for histologic reporting.
- Authors: Tan KB, Moncrieff M, Thompson JF, McCarthy SW, Shaw HM, Quinn MJ, Li LX, Crotty KA, Stretch JR, Scolyer RA
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- [Balloon-cell nevi and balloon-cell malignant melanoma].
- Authors: Gordeladze AS, Novitskaia TA
- Issue date: 1996 Jul-Aug
- Carcinoid-like pattern in melanoma: report of 4 cases.
- Authors: Kacerovska D, Michal M, Sosna B, Cempirkova D, Ambrus M, Richtr P, Danis D, Zelger B, Kazakov DV
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Expression of heat shock protein 105 and 70 in malignant melanoma and benign melanocytic nevi.
- Authors: Park HS, Park CH, Choi BR, Lim MS, Heo SH, Kim CH, Kang SG, Whang KU, Cho MK
- Issue date: 2009 May