Imaging tumor vascular heterogeneity and angiogenesis using dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging
AffiliationImaging Science and Biomedical Engineering, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis article reviews the application of dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging in both clinical studies and early-phase trials of angiogenesis inhibitors. Emphasis is placed on how variation in image acquisition and analysis affects the meaning and use of derived variables. We then review the potential for future developments, with particular reference to the application of dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging to evaluate the heterogeneity of tumor tissues.
CitationImaging tumor vascular heterogeneity and angiogenesis using dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. 2007, 13 (12):3449-59 Clin. Cancer Res.
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- Integrin αvβ3-targeted dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging using a gadolinium-loaded polyethylene gycol-dendrimer-cyclic RGD conjugate to evaluate tumor angiogenesis and to assess early antiangiogenic treatment response in a mouse xenograft tumor model.
- Authors: Chen WT, Shih TT, Chen RC, Tu SY, Hsieh WY, Yang PC
- Issue date: 2012 Jul-Aug
- The role of imaging in the clinical development of antiangiogenic agents.
- Authors: Morgan B, Horsfield MA, Steward WP
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Antivascular cancer treatments: functional assessments by dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging.
- Authors: Padhani AR, Leach MO
- Issue date: 2005 May-Jun
- The assessment of antiangiogenic and antivascular therapies in early-stage clinical trials using magnetic resonance imaging: issues and recommendations.
- Authors: Leach MO, Brindle KM, Evelhoch JL, Griffiths JR, Horsman MR, Jackson A, Jayson GC, Judson IR, Knopp MV, Maxwell RJ, McIntyre D, Padhani AR, Price P, Rathbone R, Rustin GJ, Tofts PS, Tozer GM, Vennart W, Waterton JC, Williams SR, Workman P, Pharmacodynamic/Pharmacokinetic Technologies Advisory Committee, Drug Development Office, Cancer Research UK.
- Issue date: 2005 May 9
- Quantification of antiangiogenic and antivascular drug activity by kinetic analysis of DCE-MRI data.
- Authors: Ferl GZ, Port RE
- Issue date: 2012 Jul