High correspondence between Affymetrix exon and standard expression arrays
AffiliationThe Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Christie Hospital Site, Manchester, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExon arrays aim to provide comprehensive gene expression data at the level of individual exons, similar to that provided on a per-gene basis by existing expression arrays. This report describes the performance of Affymetrix GeneChip Human Exon 1.0 ST array by using replicated RNA samples from two human cell lines, MCF7 and MCF10A, hybridized both to Exon 1.0 ST and to HG-U133 Plus2 arrays. Cross-comparison between array types requires an appropriate mapping to be found between individual probe sets. Three possible mappings were considered, reflecting different strategies for dealing with probe sets that target different parts of the same transcript. Irrespective of the mapping used, Exon 1.0 ST and HG-U133 Plus2 arrays show a high degree of correspondence. More than 80% of HG-U133 Plus2 probe sets may be mapped to the Exon chip, and fold changes are found well preserved for over 96% of those probe sets detected present. Since HG-U133 Plus2 arrays have already been extensively validated, these results lend a significant degree of confidence to exon arrays.
CitationHigh correspondence between Affymetrix exon and standard expression arrays. 2007, 42 (2):181-5 BioTechniques
- Experimental comparison and evaluation of the Affymetrix exon and U133Plus2 GeneChip arrays.
- Authors: Abdueva D, Wing MR, Schaub B, Triche TJ
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 19
- Comparison of smoking-induced gene expression on Affymetrix Exon and 3'-based expression arrays.
- Authors: Zhang X, Liu G, Lenburg ME, Spira A
- Issue date: 2007
- Affymetrix Whole-Transcript Human Gene 1.0 ST array is highly concordant with standard 3' expression arrays.
- Authors: Pradervand S, Paillusson A, Thomas J, Weber J, Wirapati P, Hagenbüchle O, Harshman K
- Issue date: 2008 May
- A comparison of massively parallel nucleotide sequencing with oligonucleotide microarrays for global transcription profiling.
- Authors: Bradford JR, Hey Y, Yates T, Li Y, Pepper SD, Miller CJ
- Issue date: 2010 May 5
- Methods comparison for high-resolution transcriptional analysis of archival material on Affymetrix Plus 2.0 and Exon 1.0 microarrays.
- Authors: Linton K, Hey Y, Dibben S, Miller C, Freemont A, Radford J, Pepper S
- Issue date: 2009 Jul