Novel heparin/heparan sulfate mimics as inhibitors of HGF/SF-induced MET activation
Wilkinson, James A
Deakin, Jon A
Gallagher, John T
Ducki, Sylvie W
AffiliationCentre for Molecular Drug Design, Cockcroft Building, University of Salford, Salford, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe synthesis of simple, non-sugar glycosaminoglycan (GAG) mimics has been achieved and the analogues evaluated for their ability to inhibit the activation of the MET receptor by hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF).
CitationNovel heparin/heparan sulfate mimics as inhibitors of HGF/SF-induced MET activation. 2007, 17 (22):6321-5 Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett.
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Dissociation of heparan sulfate and receptor binding domains of hepatocyte growth factor reveals that heparan sulfate-c-met interaction facilitates signaling.
- Authors: Rubin JS, Day RM, Breckenridge D, Atabey N, Taylor WG, Stahl SJ, Wingfield PT, Kaufman JD, Schwall R, Bottaro DP
- Issue date: 2001 Aug 31
- Signalling by HGF/SF and Met: the role of heparan sulphate co-receptors.
- Authors: Kemp LE, Mulloy B, Gherardi E
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- The mode of action of heparan and dermatan sulfates in the regulation of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor.
- Authors: Lyon M, Deakin JA, Gallagher JT
- Issue date: 2002 Jan 11
- Geldanamycins exquisitely inhibit HGF/SF-mediated tumor cell invasion.
- Authors: Xie Q, Gao CF, Shinomiya N, Sausville E, Hay R, Gustafson M, Shen Y, Wenkert D, Vande Woude GF
- Issue date: 2005 May 26
- Potent and selective inhibitors of the Met [hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) receptor] tyrosine kinase block HGF/SF-induced tumor cell growth and invasion.
- Authors: Wang X, Le P, Liang C, Chan J, Kiewlich D, Miller T, Harris D, Sun L, Rice A, Vasile S, Blake RA, Howlett AR, Patel N, McMahon G, Lipson KE
- Issue date: 2003 Nov