Protein kinase C delta is phosphorylated on five novel Ser/Thr sites following inducible overexpression in human colorectal cancer cells
AffiliationCancer Research UK, Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhosphorylation plays an important role in regulation of protein kinase C delta (PKCdelta). To date, three Ser/Thr residues (Thr 505, Ser 643, and Ser 662) and nine tyrosine residues (Tyr 52, Tyr 64, Tyr 155, Tyr 187, Tyr 311, Tyr 332, Tyr 512, Tyr 523, and Tyr 565) have been defined as regulatory phosphorylation sites for this protein (rat PKCdelta numbering). We combined doxycycline-regulated inducible gene expression technology with a hypothesis-driven mass spectrometry approach to study PKCdelta phosphorylation pattern in colorectal cancer cells. We report identification of five novel Ser/Thr phosphorylation sites: Thr 50, Thr 141, Ser 304, Thr 451, and Ser 506 (human PKCdelta numbering) following overexpression of PKCdelta in HCT116 human colon carcinoma cells grown in standard tissue culture conditions. Identification of potential novel phosphorylation sites will affect further functional studies of this protein, and may introduce additional complexity to PKCdelta signaling.
CitationProtein kinase C delta is phosphorylated on five novel Ser/Thr sites following inducible overexpression in human colorectal cancer cells. 2007, 16 (12):2711-5 Protein Sci.
- Differential regulation of threonine and tyrosine phosphorylations on protein kinase Cdelta by G-protein-mediated pathways in platelets.
- Authors: Murugappan S, Chari R, Palli VM, Jin J, Kunapuli SP
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 1
- Phosphoproteome analysis of E. coli reveals evolutionary conservation of bacterial Ser/Thr/Tyr phosphorylation.
- Authors: Macek B, Gnad F, Soufi B, Kumar C, Olsen JV, Mijakovic I, Mann M
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Regulatory autophosphorylation sites on protein kinase C-delta at threonine-141 and threonine-295.
- Authors: Rybin VO, Guo J, Harleton E, Feinmark SJ, Steinberg SF
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 2
- Novel phosphorylation site markers of protein kinase C delta activation.
- Authors: Durgan J, Michael N, Totty N, Parker PJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 24
- An analysis of the phosphorylation and activation of extracellular-signal-regulated protein kinase 5 (ERK5) by mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 5 (MKK5) in vitro.
- Authors: Mody N, Campbell DG, Morrice N, Peggie M, Cohen P
- Issue date: 2003 Jun 1