An annotation infrastructure for the analysis and interpretation of Affymetrix exon array data.
AffiliationBioinformatics Group, Cancer Research UK, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Christie Hospital Site, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAffymetrix exon arrays contain probesets intended to target every known and predicted exon in the entire genome, posing significant challenges for high-throughput genome-wide data analysis. X:MAP http://xmap.picr.man.ac.uk, an annotation database, and exonmap http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/html/exonmap.html, a BioConductor/R package, are designed to support fine-grained analysis of exon array data. The system supports the application of standard statistical techniques, prior to the use of genome scale annotation to provide gene-, transcript- and exon-level summaries and visualization tools.
CitationAn annotation infrastructure for the analysis and interpretation of Affymetrix exon array data. 2007, 8 (5):R79 Genome Biol.
- X:Map: annotation and visualization of genome structure for Affymetrix exon array analysis.
- Authors: Yates T, Okoniewski MJ, Miller CJ
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- oneChannelGUI: a graphical interface to Bioconductor tools, designed for life scientists who are not familiar with R language.
- Authors: Sanges R, Cordero F, Calogero RA
- Issue date: 2007 Dec 15
- ggbio: an R package for extending the grammar of graphics for genomic data.
- Authors: Yin T, Cook D, Lawrence M
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 31
- Simpleaffy: a BioConductor package for Affymetrix Quality Control and data analysis.
- Authors: Wilson CL, Miller CJ
- Issue date: 2005 Sep 15
- ChIPseeker: an R/Bioconductor package for ChIP peak annotation, comparison and visualization.
- Authors: Yu G, Wang LG, He QY
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 15