Qualification of M30 and M65 ELISAs as surrogate biomarkers of cell death: long term antigen stability in cancer patient plasma
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, England. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: M30 and M65 ELISAs are proposed as surrogate biomarkers of tumour cell death in patients and are being applied increasingly in the pharmacodynamic (PD) evaluation of anticancer drugs during clinical trials. In the absence of such data, we have studied the long-term stability of the antigens of both assays in plasma of cancer patients stored at -80 degrees C over 2 years. RESULTS: No evidence was detected of degradation in the M65 antigen. However, in a proportion of patients significant increases in levels of M30 antigen were detected CONCLUSION: Plasma samples for M65 analysis can be stored at -80 degrees C for 2 years; however, caution is recommended when considering long-term storage of samples for the M30 assay.
CitationQualification of M30 and M65 ELISAs as surrogate biomarkers of cell death: long term antigen stability in cancer patient plasma. 2007, 60 (6):921-4 Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol.
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Utilization of cytokeratin-based biomarkers for pharmacodynamic studies.
- Authors: Linder S, Olofsson MH, Herrmann R, Ulukaya E
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Elevated serum levels of M30 and M65 in patients with locally advanced head and neck tumors.
- Authors: Ozturk B, Coskun U, Sancak B, Yaman E, Buyukberber S, Benekli M
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Is there any impact of plasma M30 and M65 levels on progression-free survival of patients with advanced gastric cancer?
- Authors: Bilici A, Ustaalioglu BB, Ercan S, Orcun A, Seker M, Salepci T, Gumus M
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Application of the β-expectation tolerance interval to method validation of the M30 and M65 ELISA cell death biomarker assays.
- Authors: Cummings J, Zhou C, Dive C
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 15
- Clinical evaluation of M30 and M65 ELISA cell death assays as circulating biomarkers in a drug-sensitive tumor, testicular cancer.
- Authors: de Haas EC, di Pietro A, Simpson KL, Meijer C, Suurmeijer AJ, Lancashire LJ, Cummings J, de Jong S, de Vries EG, Dive C, Gietema JA
- Issue date: 2008 Oct