The utility of MAS5 expression summary and detection call algorithms.
AffiliationCancer Research UK, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Christie Hospital Site, Withington, Manchester, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: Used alone, the MAS5.0 algorithm for generating expression summaries has been criticized for high False Positive rates resulting from exaggerated variance at low intensities. RESULTS: Here we show, with replicated cell line data, that, when used alongside detection calls, MAS5 can be both selective and sensitive. A set of differentially expressed transcripts were identified that were found to be changing by MAS5, but unchanging by RMA and GCRMA. Subsequent analysis by real time PCR confirmed these changes. In addition, with the Latin square datasets often used to assess expression summary algorithms, filtered MAS5.0 was found to have performance approaching that of its peers. CONCLUSION: When used alongside detection calls, MAS5 is a sensitive and selective algorithm for identifying differentially expressed genes.
CitationThe utility of MAS5 expression summary and detection call algorithms. 2007, 8:273 BMC Bioinformatics
- Utilization of two sample t-test statistics from redundant probe sets to evaluate different probe set algorithms in GeneChip studies.
- Authors: Hu Z, Willsky GR
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 10
- How to decide? Different methods of calculating gene expression from short oligonucleotide array data will give different results.
- Authors: Millenaar FF, Okyere J, May ST, van Zanten M, Voesenek LA, Peeters AJ
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 15
- Effects of filtering by Present call on analysis of microarray experiments.
- Authors: McClintick JN, Edenberg HJ
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 31
- Algorithm-driven artifacts in median polish summarization of microarray data.
- Authors: Giorgi FM, Bolger AM, Lohse M, Usadel B
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 11
- A comparison of statistical methods for analysis of high density oligonucleotide array data.
- Authors: Rajagopalan D
- Issue date: 2003 Aug 12