Difluoro analogue of UCS15A triggers activation of exogenously expressed c-Src in HCT 116 human colorectal carcinoma cells.
Bryce, Richard A
AffiliationSchool of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUCS 15A, an antibiotic produced by Streptomyces sp., has been reported to specifically disrupt SH3 domain-mediated interactions in eukaryotic cells. Interestingly, in the case of the non-receptor tyrosine kinase Src, UCS15A was effective in suppressing the SH3 domain-mediated intermolecular rather than intramolecular interactions, and thus prevented Src interactions with certain downstream effectors without affecting Src kinase activity. Here the synthesis of a novel difluoro analogue of UCS15A is described. The effects of this compound (8) on Src activity were tested in HCT 116 colorectal carcinoma cells engineered for inducible expression of c-Src. The presence of compound (8) resulted in the increased activity of the induced c-Src implicating that (8) acts as a c-Src activator in vivo. These observations are supported by computer modelling studies which suggest that the aldehyde group of (8) may covalently bind to a lysine residue in the SH2-kinase linker region situated in the proximity of the SH3 domain, which could promote a conformational change resulting in increased Src activity.
CitationDifluoro analogue of UCS15A triggers activation of exogenously expressed c-Src in HCT 116 human colorectal carcinoma cells. 2007, 22 (5):638-46 J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem
JournalJournal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry
- Interaction of guanylyl cyclase C with SH3 domain of Src tyrosine kinase. Yet another mechanism for desensitization.
- Authors: Singh R
- Issue date: 2003 Jul 4
- In silico activation of Src tyrosine kinase reveals the molecular basis for intramolecular autophosphorylation.
- Authors: Mendieta J, Gago F
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Involvement of the SH3 domain in Ca2+-mediated regulation of Src family kinases.
- Authors: Monteiro AN
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Synergistic cell growth inhibition by the combination of amrubicin and Akt-suppressing tyrosine kinase inhibitors in small cell lung cancer cells: implication of c-Src and its inhibitor.
- Authors: Ueda Y, Igishi T, Hashimoto K, Suyama H, Araki K, Sumikawa T, Takeda K, Nakazaki H, Matsunami K, Kodani M, Shigeoka Y, Matsumoto S, Shimizu E
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Encodable activators of SRC family kinases.
- Authors: Zellefrow CD, Griffiths JS, Saha S, Hodges AM, Goodman JL, Paulk J, Kritzer JA, Schepartz A
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 27