Efficacy and safety of yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan in patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma not appropriate for autologous stem-cell transplantation.
Illidge, Timothy M
AffiliationDepartment of Hematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA prospective, multicenter, nonrandomized phase 2 trial was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a single dose of yttrium-90 ((90)Y) ibritumomab tiuxetan in elderly patients in first relapsed or primary refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) ineligible for stem-cell transplantation. Patients had been previously treated with chemotherapy (group A, n = 76) or chemotherapy plus rituximab (group B, n = 28). Patients in group A were further divided into patients in whom induction therapy had failed (stratum AI, n = 33) and patients who had relapsed after achieving complete response (CR; stratum AII, n = 43). The overall response rate (ORR) was 52% and 53% in strata AI and AII, respectively, and 19% in group B, with CR/CRu rates of 24%, 39.5%, and 12%, respectively. Median progression-free survival was 5.9 months and 3.5 months in strata AI and AII, respectively, and 1.6 months in group B. Median overall survival was 21.4, 22.4, and 4.6 months in stratum AI, stratum AII, and group B, respectively. Two patients died from thrombocytopenic cerebral bleeding following administration of therapy. Nonhematologic adverse events were mild to moderate. (90)Y-ibritumomab is active in patients with relapsed and refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and its further evaluation in phase 3 studies is ongoing.
CitationEfficacy and safety of yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan in patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma not appropriate for autologous stem-cell transplantation. 2007, 110 (1):54-8 Blood
- Yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan followed by rituximab maintenance as treatment for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma are not candidates for autologous stem cell transplant.
- Authors: Arnason JE, Luptakova K, Rosenblatt J, Tzachanis D, Avigan D, Zwicker JI, Levine J, Kim M, Parker JA, Grant B, Joyce RM
- Issue date: 2015
- Upfront consolidation combining yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan and high-dose therapy with stem cell transplantation in poor-risk patients with diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Fruchart C, Tilly H, Morschhauser F, Ghesquières H, Bouteloup M, Fermé C, Van Den Neste E, Bordessoule D, Bouabdallah R, Delmer A, Casasnovas RO, Ysebaert L, Ciappuccini R, Briere J, Gisselbrecht C
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Randomized controlled trial of yttrium-90-labeled ibritumomab tiuxetan radioimmunotherapy versus rituximab immunotherapy for patients with relapsed or refractory low-grade, follicular, or transformed B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Witzig TE, Gordon LI, Cabanillas F, Czuczman MS, Emmanouilides C, Joyce R, Pohlman BL, Bartlett NL, Wiseman GA, Padre N, Grillo-López AJ, Multani P, White CA
- Issue date: 2002 May 15
- Rituximab and ICE as second-line therapy before autologous stem cell transplantation for relapsed or primary refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Kewalramani T, Zelenetz AD, Nimer SD, Portlock C, Straus D, Noy A, O'Connor O, Filippa DA, Teruya-Feldstein J, Gencarelli A, Qin J, Waxman A, Yahalom J, Moskowitz CH
- Issue date: 2004 May 15
- Autologous stem cell transplantation after conditioning with yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan plus BEAM in refractory non-Hodgkin diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: results of a prospective, multicenter, phase II clinical trial.
- Authors: Briones J, Novelli S, García-Marco JA, Tomás JF, Bernal T, Grande C, Canales MA, Torres A, Moraleda JM, Panizo C, Jarque I, Palmero F, Hernández M, González-Barca E, López D, Caballero D, GELTAMO.
- Issue date: 2014 Mar