Ward, Timothy H
Jayson, Gordon C
Byers, Richard J
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, 420 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractQuantum dots are photostable fluorescent semiconductor nanocrystals possessing wide excitation and bright narrow, symmetrical, emission spectra. These characteristics have engendered considerable interest in their application in multiplex immunohistochemistry for biomarker quantification and co-localisation in clinical samples. Robust quantitation allows biomarker validation, and there is growing need for multiplex staining due to limited quantity of clinical samples. Most reported multiplexed quantum dot staining used sequential methods that are laborious and impractical in a high-throughput setting. Problems associated with sequential multiplex staining have been investigated and a method developed using QDs conjugated to biotinylated primary antibodies, enabling simultaneous multiplex staining with three antibodies. CD34, Cytokeratin 18 and cleaved Caspase 3 were triplexed in tonsillar tissue using an 8h protocol, each localised to separate cellular compartments. This demonstrates utility of the method for biomarker measurement enabling rapid measurement of multiple co-localised biomarkers on single paraffin tissue sections, of importance for clinical trial studies.
CitationQuantitative multiplexed quantum dot immunohistochemistry. 2008, 374 (2):181-6 Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.
JournalBiochemical and Biophysical Research Communications
- Quantum dots brighten biological imaging.
- Authors: Byers RJ, Hitchman ER
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Quantum dot-based, quantitative, and multiplexed assay for tissue staining.
- Authors: Xu H, Xu J, Wang X, Wu D, Chen ZG, Wang AY
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 24
- Bioconjugated quantum dots for multiplexed and quantitative immunohistochemistry.
- Authors: Xing Y, Chaudry Q, Shen C, Kong KY, Zhau HE, Chung LW, Petros JA, O'Regan RM, Yezhelyev MV, Simons JW, Wang MD, Nie S
- Issue date: 2007
- Detection of carcinoembryonic antigen using single-domain or full-size antibodies stained with quantum dot conjugates.
- Authors: Rousserie G, Grinevich R, Brazhnik K, Even-Desrumeaux K, Reveil B, Tabary T, Chames P, Baty D, Cohen JH, Nabiev I, Sukhanova A
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 1
- Quantitative multiplex detection of pathogen biomarkers on multichannel waveguides.
- Authors: Mukundan H, Xie H, Price D, Kubicek-Sutherland JZ, Grace WK, Anderson AS, Martinez JS, Hartman N, Swanson BI
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 1