Affiliation1Genito-Urinary Cancer Research Group, School of Cancer and Imaging Sciences, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractProstate cancer (PCa) preferentially metastasizes to the bone marrow stroma of the axial skeleton. This activity is the principal cause of PCa morbidity and mortality. The exact mechanism of PCa metastasis is currently unknown, although considerable progress has been made in determining the key players in this process. In this review, we present the current understanding of the molecular processes driving PCa metastasis to the bone.Asian Journal of Andrology (2009) 11: 57-67. doi: 10.1038/aja.2008.29; published online 1 December 2008.
CitationMolecular mechanisms of metastasis in prostate cancer. 2009, 11 (1):57-67 Asian J. Androl.
JournalAsian Journal of Andrology
- Human fucosyltransferase 6 enables prostate cancer metastasis to bone.
- Authors: Li J, Guillebon AD, Hsu JW, Barthel SR, Dimitroff CJ, Lee YF, King MR
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 10
- Molecular insights into prostate cancer progression: the missing link of tumor microenvironment.
- Authors: Chung LW, Baseman A, Assikis V, Zhau HE
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Mechanisms of osteopontin and CD44 as metastatic principles in prostate cancer cells.
- Authors: Desai B, Rogers MJ, Chellaiah MA
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 7
- The role of tumor microenvironment in prostate cancer bone metastasis.
- Authors: Morrissey C, Vessella RL
- Issue date: 2007 Jul 1
- Bone Marrow Microenvironment as a Regulator and Therapeutic Target for Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis.
- Authors: Park SH, Keller ET, Shiozawa Y
- Issue date: 2018 Feb