A phase II trial of lomeguatrib and temozolomide in metastatic colorectal cancer.
AuthorsKhan, O A
Ranson, Malcolm R
Levitt, N C
Watson, Amanda J
Margison, Geoffrey P
Middleton, Mark R
AffiliationCR UK Medical Oncology Unit, Churchill Hospital, Old Road, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo evaluate the tumour response to lomeguatrib and temozolomide (TMZ) administered for 5 consecutive days every 4 weeks in patients with metastatic colorectal carcinoma. Patients with stage IV metastatic colorectal carcinoma received lomeguatrib (40 mg) and TMZ (50-200 mg m(-2)) orally for 5 consecutive days every 4 weeks. Response was determined every two cycles. Pharmacokinetics of lomeguatrib and TMZ as well as their pharmacodynamic effects in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) were determined. Nineteen patients received 49 cycles of treatments. Despite consistent depletion of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in PBMC, none of the patients responded to treatment. Three patients had stable disease, one for the duration of the study, and no fall in carcinoembryonic antigen was observed in any patient. Median time to progression was 50 days. The commonest adverse effects were gastrointestinal and haematological and these were comparable to those of TMZ when given alone. This combination of lomeguatrib and TMZ is not efficacious in metastatic colorectal cancer. If further studies are to be performed, emerging data suggest that higher daily doses of lomeguatrib and a dosing period beyond that of TMZ should be evaluated.
CitationA phase II trial of lomeguatrib and temozolomide in metastatic colorectal cancer. 2008, 98 (10):1614-8 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Randomized trial of the combination of lomeguatrib and temozolomide compared with temozolomide alone in chemotherapy naive patients with metastatic cutaneous melanoma.
- Authors: Ranson M, Hersey P, Thompson D, Beith J, McArthur GA, Haydon A, Davis ID, Kefford RF, Mortimer P, Harris PA, Baka S, Seebaran A, Sabharwal A, Watson AJ, Margison GP, Middleton MR
- Issue date: 2007 Jun 20
- A phase I trial of lomeguatrib and irinotecan in metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Sabharwal A, Corrie PG, Midgley RS, Palmer C, Brady J, Mortimer P, Watson AJ, Margison GP, Middleton MR
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Lomeguatrib, a potent inhibitor of O6-alkylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase: phase I safety, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacokinetic trial and evaluation in combination with temozolomide in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Authors: Ranson M, Middleton MR, Bridgewater J, Lee SM, Dawson M, Jowle D, Halbert G, Waller S, McGrath H, Gumbrell L, McElhinney RS, Donnelly D, McMurry TB, Margison GP
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 1
- Inhibition of DNA repair with MGMT pseudosubstrates: phase I study of lomeguatrib in combination with dacarbazine in patients with advanced melanoma and other solid tumours.
- Authors: Tawbi HA, Villaruz L, Tarhini A, Moschos S, Sulecki M, Viverette F, Shipe-Spotloe J, Radkowski R, Kirkwood JM
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 6
- A phase I study of extended dosing with lomeguatrib with temozolomide in patients with advanced melanoma.
- Authors: Kefford RF, Thomas NP, Corrie PG, Palmer C, Abdi E, Kotasek D, Beith J, Ranson M, Mortimer P, Watson AJ, Margison GP, Middleton MR
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 21