Half-life determination of (155)Tb from mass-separated samples produced at CERN-MEDICIS
AuthorsCollins, S. M.
Robinson, Andrew P
Cocolios, T. E.
Fenwick, A. J.
Ramos, J. P.
Regan, P. H.
AffiliationNational Physical Laboratory, Hampton Road, Teddington, TW11 0LW, UK; Department of Physics, University of Surrey, Guildford, GU2 7XH, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTerbium-155 has been identified for its potential for single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) in nuclear medicine. For activity measurements, an accurate and precise half-life of this radionuclide is required. However, the currently evaluated half-life of 5.32(6) d with a relative standard uncertainty of 1.1% determines the precision possible. Limited literature for the half-life measurements of this radionuclide is available and all reported investigations are prior to 1970. Further measurements are therefore needed to confirm the accuracy and improve the precision of the half-life for its use in the clinical setting. Two samples produced and mass separated at the CERN-MEDICIS facility have been measured at the National Physical Laboratory by two independent techniques: liquid scintillation counting and high-purity germanium gamma-ray spectrometry. A half-life of 5.2346(36) d has been determined from the weighted mean of the half-lives determined by the two techniques. The half-life reported in this work has shown a relative difference of 1.6% to the currently evaluated half-life and has vastly improved the precision.
CitationCollins SM, Robinson AP, Ivanov P, Köster U, Cocolios TE, Russell B, et al. Half-life determination of (155)Tb from mass-separated samples produced at CERN-MEDICIS. Applied radiation and isotopes : including data, instrumentation and methods for use in agriculture, industry and medicine. 2022 Sep 24;190:110480. PubMed PMID: 36209648. Epub 2022/10/10. eng.
JournalApplied Radiation and Isotopes
- Determination of the (161)Tb half-life.
- Authors: Collins SM, Gilligan C, Pierson B, Ramirez N, Goodwin M, Pearce AK, Archambault BC, Haney MM, Regan PH
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Scandium and terbium radionuclides for radiotheranostics: current state of development towards clinical application.
- Authors: Müller C, Domnanich KA, Umbricht CA, van der Meulen NP
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Future prospects for SPECT imaging using the radiolanthanide terbium-155 - production and preclinical evaluation in tumor-bearing mice.
- Authors: Müller C, Fischer E, Behe M, Köster U, Dorrer H, Reber J, Haller S, Cohrs S, Blanc A, Grünberg J, Bunka M, Zhernosekov K, van der Meulen N, Johnston K, Türler A, Schibli R
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Use of the reference source method to determine the half-lives of radionuclides of importance in nuclear medicine.
- Authors: da Silva MA, de Almeida MC, da Silva CJ, Delgado JU
- Issue date: 2004 Feb-Apr
- CERN-MEDICIS: A Review Since Commissioning in 2017.
- Authors: Duchemin C, Ramos JP, Stora T, Ahmed E, Aubert E, Audouin N, Barbero E, Barozier V, Bernardes AP, Bertreix P, Boscher A, Bruchertseifer F, Catherall R, Chevallay E, Christodoulou P, Chrysalidis K, Cocolios TE, Comte J, Crepieux B, Deschamps M, Dockx K, Dorsival A, Fedosseev VN, Fernier P, Formento-Cavaier R, El Idrissi S, Ivanov P, Gadelshin VM, Gilardoni S, Grenard JL, Haddad F, Heinke R, Juif B, Khalid U, Khan M, Köster U, Lambert L, Lilli G, Lunghi G, Marsh BA, Palenzuela YM, Martins R, Marzari S, Menaa N, Michel N, Munos M, Pozzi F, Riccardi F, Riegert J, Riggaz N, Rinchet JY, Rothe S, Russell B, Saury C, Schneider T, Stegemann S, Talip Z, Theis C, Thiboud J, van der Meulen NP, van Stenis M, Vincke H, Vollaire J, Vuong NT, Webster B, Wendt K, Wilkins SG, CERN-MEDICIS collaboration
- Issue date: 2021