Current best practice for bladder cancer: a narrative review of diagnostics and treatments
Amin, M. B.
De Santis, M.
Thoeny, H. C.
Witjes, J. A.
AffiliationDepartment of Pathology, Tenon Hospital, Sorbonne University, Paris, France; Department of Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis Seminar presents the current best practice for the diagnosis and management of bladder cancer. The scope of this Seminar ranges from current challenges in pathology, such as the evolving histological and molecular classification of disease, to advances in personalised medicine and novel imaging approaches. We discuss the current role of radiotherapy, surgical management of non-muscle-invasive and muscle-invasive disease, highlight the challenges of treatment of metastatic bladder cancer, and discuss the latest developments in systemic therapy. This Seminar is intended to provide physicians with knowledge of current issues in bladder cancer.
CitationCompérat E, Amin MB, Cathomas R, Choudhury A, De Santis M, Kamat A, et al. Current best practice for bladder cancer: a narrative review of diagnostics and treatments. Lancet. 2022 Sep 26. PubMed PMID: 36174585. Epub 2022/09/30. eng.
- Bladder cancer: overview and management. Part 2: muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder cancer.
- Authors: Anderson B
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 4
- Updated 2016 EAU Guidelines on Muscle-invasive and Metastatic Bladder Cancer.
- Authors: Alfred Witjes J, Lebret T, Compérat EM, Cowan NC, De Santis M, Bruins HM, Hernández V, Espinós EL, Dunn J, Rouanne M, Neuzillet Y, Veskimäe E, van der Heijden AG, Gakis G, Ribal MJ
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- European Association of Urology Guidelines on Muscle-invasive and Metastatic Bladder Cancer: Summary of the 2020 Guidelines.
- Authors: Witjes JA, Bruins HM, Cathomas R, Compérat EM, Cowan NC, Gakis G, Hernández V, Linares Espinós E, Lorch A, Neuzillet Y, Rouanne M, Thalmann GN, Veskimäe E, Ribal MJ, van der Heijden AG
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- EAU guidelines on muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder cancer: summary of the 2013 guidelines.
- Authors: Witjes JA, Compérat E, Cowan NC, De Santis M, Gakis G, Lebret T, Ribal MJ, Van der Heijden AG, Sherif A, European Association of Urology
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Updates for the radiologist in non-muscle-invasive, muscle-invasive, and metastatic bladder cancer.
- Authors: Choe J, Braschi-Amirfarzan M, Tirumani SH, Shinagare AB, Kim KW, Ramaiya NH, Krajewski KM
- Issue date: 2017 Nov