A phase I trial of CT900, a novel α-folate receptor-mediated thymidylate synthase inhibitor, with expansion cohorts in patients with high grade serous ovarian cancer
Ang, J. E.
Ingles Garces, A.
Funingana, I. G.
Porter, J. C.
de Bono, J.
AffiliationRoyal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, London, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPurpose CT900 is a novel small molecule thymidylate synthase inhibitor that binds to α-folate receptor (α-FR) and thus is selectively taken up by α-FR-overexpressing tumours. Patients and methods: A 3+3 dose escalation design was used. During dose escalation, CT900 doses of 1-6 mg/m2 weekly and 2-12 mg/m2 every 2 weeks (q2Wk) intravenously were evaluated. Patients with high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC) were enrolled in the expansion cohorts. Results: 109 patients were enrolled, 42 patients in the dose escalation and 67 patients in the expansion cohorts. At the dose/schedule of 12 mg/m2/q2Wk (with and without dexamethasone, n=40), the most common treatment related adverse events were fatigue, nausea, diarrhoea, cough, anaemia and pneumonitis, which were predominantly grade 1 and grade 2. Levels of CT900 greater than 600 nM needed for growth inhibition in preclinical models were achieved for >65 hours at a dose of 12 mg/m2. In the expansion cohorts, the overall response rate (ORR), was 14/64 (21·9%). Thirty-eight response-evaluable patients in the expansion cohorts receiving 12 mg/m2/q2Wk had tumour evaluable for quantification of α-FR. Patients with high or medium expression had an objective response rate of 9/25 (36%) compared with 1/13 (7·7%) in patients with negative/very low or low expression of α‑FR. Conclusions: The dose of 12 mg/m2/q2Wk was declared the recommended phase II dose/schedule. At this dose/schedule, CT900 exhibited an acceptable side effect profile with clinical benefit in patients with high/medium α‑FR expression and warrants further investigation.
CitationBanerjee S, Michalarea V, Ang JE, Ingles Garces A, Biondo A, Funingana IG, et al. A phase I trial of CT900, a novel α-folate receptor-mediated thymidylate synthase inhibitor, with expansion cohorts in patients with high grade serous ovarian cancer. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research. 2022 Aug 19. PubMed PMID: 35984704. Epub 2022/08/20. eng.
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- Intermittent schedules of the oral RAF-MEK inhibitor CH5126766/VS-6766 in patients with RAS/RAF-mutant solid tumours and multiple myeloma: a single-centre, open-label, phase 1 dose-escalation and basket dose-expansion study.
- Authors: Guo C, Chénard-Poirier M, Roda D, de Miguel M, Harris SJ, Candilejo IM, Sriskandarajah P, Xu W, Scaranti M, Constantinidou A, King J, Parmar M, Turner AJ, Carreira S, Riisnaes R, Finneran L, Hall E, Ishikawa Y, Nakai K, Tunariu N, Basu B, Kaiser M, Lopez JS, Minchom A, de Bono JS, Banerji U
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Rogaratinib in patients with advanced cancers selected by FGFR mRNA expression: a phase 1 dose-escalation and dose-expansion study.
- Authors: Schuler M, Cho BC, Sayehli CM, Navarro A, Soo RA, Richly H, Cassier PA, Tai D, Penel N, Nogova L, Park SH, Schostak M, Gajate P, Cathomas R, Rajagopalan P, Grevel J, Bender S, Boix O, Nogai H, Ocker M, Ellinghaus P, Joerger M
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Trastuzumab duocarmazine in locally advanced and metastatic solid tumours and HER2-expressing breast cancer: a phase 1 dose-escalation and dose-expansion study.
- Authors: Banerji U, van Herpen CML, Saura C, Thistlethwaite F, Lord S, Moreno V, Macpherson IR, Boni V, Rolfo C, de Vries EGE, Rottey S, Geenen J, Eskens F, Gil-Martin M, Mommers EC, Koper NP, Aftimos P
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- The poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor niraparib (MK4827) in BRCA mutation carriers and patients with sporadic cancer: a phase 1 dose-escalation trial.
- Authors: Sandhu SK, Schelman WR, Wilding G, Moreno V, Baird RD, Miranda S, Hylands L, Riisnaes R, Forster M, Omlin A, Kreischer N, Thway K, Gevensleben H, Sun L, Loughney J, Chatterjee M, Toniatti C, Carpenter CL, Iannone R, Kaye SB, de Bono JS, Wenham RM
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Pamiparib in combination with tislelizumab in patients with advanced solid tumours: results from the dose-escalation stage of a multicentre, open-label, phase 1a/b trial.
- Authors: Friedlander M, Meniawy T, Markman B, Mileshkin L, Harnett P, Millward M, Lundy J, Freimund A, Norris C, Mu S, Wu J, Paton V, Gao B
- Issue date: 2019 Sep