Durvalumab after sequential chemoradiotherapy in stage III, unresectable NSCLC: the phase 2 PACIFIC-6 trial
AuthorsGarassino, M. C.
Migliorino, M. R.
Sánchez, J. G.
Velarde, L. E. C.
Perez, I. D.
AffiliationFondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy; Department of Hematology/Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: Based on the findings of the phase 3 PACIFIC trial (NCT02125461), durvalumab is standard of care for patients with stage III, unresectable NSCLC and no disease progression following concurrent chemoradiotherapy (cCRT). Many patients are considered unsuitable for cCRT due to concerns with tolerability. The phase 2 PACIFIC-6 trial (NCT03693300) evaluates the safety and tolerability of durvalumab following sequential CRT (sCRT). Methods: Patients with stage III, unresectable NSCLC and no progression following platinum-based, sCRT were enrolled to receive durvalumab (1500 mg intravenously) every 4 weeks for up to 24 months. The primary endpoint was the incidence of grade 3/4 adverse events possibly related to treatment (PRAEs) occurring within 6 months. Secondary endpoints included investigator-assessed progression-free survival (PFS; RECIST v1.1) and overall survival (OS). Results: Overall, 117 patients were enrolled (59.8% with PS >0, 65.8% aged ≥65 years, and 37.6% with stage IIIA disease). Median treatment duration was 32.0 weeks; 37.6% of patients remained on treatment at data cut-off (July 15, 2021). Grade 3/4 AEs occurred in 18.8% of patients. Five patients had grade 3/4 PRAEs within 6 months (incidence: 4.3%; 95% CI: 1.4-9.7), including two pneumonitis cases. Two patients (1.7%) had grade 5 AEs of any cause. Survival data maturity was limited. Median PFS was 10.9 months (95% CI: 7.3-15.6) and 12-month PFS and OS rates were 49.6% and 84.1%, respectively. Conclusions: Durvalumab following sCRT had a comparable safety profile to that observed with durvalumab following cCRT in PACIFIC and showed encouraging preliminary efficacy in a frailer population.
CitationGarassino MC, Mazieres J, Reck M, Chouaid C, Bischoff H, Reinmuth N, et al. Durvalumab After Sequential Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III, Unresectable NSCLC: The Phase 2 PACIFIC-6 Trial. Journal of thoracic oncology : official publication of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer. 2022 Aug 9. PubMed PMID: 35961520. Epub 2022/08/13. eng.
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Outcomes with durvalumab after chemoradiotherapy in stage IIIA-N2 non-small-cell lung cancer: an exploratory analysis from the PACIFIC trial.
- Authors: Senan S, Özgüroğlu M, Daniel D, Villegas A, Vicente D, Murakami S, Hui R, Faivre-Finn C, Paz-Ares L, Wu YL, Mann H, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Durvalumab after Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Antonia SJ, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Hui R, Yokoi T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Bourhaba M, Quantin X, Tokito T, Mekhail T, Planchard D, Kim YC, Karapetis CS, Hiret S, Ostoros G, Kubota K, Gray JE, Paz-Ares L, de Castro Carpeño J, Wadsworth C, Melillo G, Jiang H, Huang Y, Dennis PA, Özgüroğlu M, PACIFIC Investigators
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 16
- Treatment Characteristics and Real-World Progression-Free Survival in Patients With Unresectable Stage III NSCLC Who Received Durvalumab After Chemoradiotherapy: Findings From the PACIFIC-R Study.
- Authors: Girard N, Bar J, Garrido P, Garassino MC, McDonald F, Mornex F, Filippi AR, Smit HJM, Peters S, Field JK, Christoph DC, Sibille A, Fietkau R, Haakensen VD, Chouaid C, Markman B, Hiltermann TJN, Taus A, Sawyer W, Allen A, Chander P, Licour M, Solomon B
- Issue date: 2023 Feb
- Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab after chemoradiotherapy in stage III, unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer (PACIFIC): a randomised, controlled, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Hui R, Özgüroğlu M, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Yokoi T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Gray JE, Rydén A, Viviers L, Poole L, Zhang Y, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Overall Survival with Durvalumab after Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III NSCLC.
- Authors: Antonia SJ, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Hui R, Kurata T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Bourhaba M, Quantin X, Tokito T, Mekhail T, Planchard D, Kim YC, Karapetis CS, Hiret S, Ostoros G, Kubota K, Gray JE, Paz-Ares L, de Castro Carpeño J, Faivre-Finn C, Reck M, Vansteenkiste J, Spigel DR, Wadsworth C, Melillo G, Taboada M, Dennis PA, Özgüroğlu M, PACIFIC Investigators
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 13