Role of real-world data in assessing cardiac toxicity after lung cancer radiotherapy
Price, Gareth J
Marchant, Thomas E
Aznar, Marianne Camille
van Herk, Marcel
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRadiation-induced heart disease (RIHD) is a recent concern in patients with lung cancer after being treated with radiotherapy. Most of information we have in the field of cardiac toxicity comes from studies utilizing real-world data (RWD) as randomized controlled trials (RCTs) are generally not practical in this field. This article is a narrative review of the literature using RWD to study RIHD in patients with lung cancer following radiotherapy, summarizing heart dosimetric factors associated with outcome, strength, and limitations of the RWD studies, and how RWD can be used to assess a change to cardiac dose constraints.
CitationAbravan A, Price G, Banfill K, Marchant T, Craddock M, Wood J, et al. Role of Real-World Data in Assessing Cardiac Toxicity After Lung Cancer Radiotherapy. Frontiers in oncology. 2022;12:934369. PubMed PMID: 35928875. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC9344971. Epub 2022/08/06. eng.
JournalFrontiers in Oncology
- Radiation-induced heart disease in lung cancer radiotherapy: A dosimetric update.
- Authors: Ming X, Feng Y, Yang C, Wang W, Wang P, Deng J
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Hypoglycemia Event Rates: A Comparison Between Real-World Data and Randomized Controlled Trial Populations in Insulin-Treated Diabetes.
- Authors: Elliott L, Fidler C, Ditchfield A, Stissing T
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Replication of Overall Survival, Progression-Free Survival, and Overall Response in Chemotherapy Arms of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Trials Using Real-World Data.
- Authors: Ton TGN, Pal N, Trinh H, Mahrus S, Bretscher MT, Machado RJM, Sadetsky N, Chaudhary N, Lu MW, Riely GJ
- Issue date: 2022 Jul 1
- Sunitinib for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Real-World and Clinical Trials Data.
- Authors: Moran M, Nickens D, Adcock K, Bennetts M, Desscan A, Charnley N, Fife K
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- The Real-World Data Challenges Radar: A Review on the Challenges and Risks regarding the Use of Real-World Data.
- Authors: Grimberg F, Asprion PM, Schneider B, Miho E, Babrak L, Habbabeh A
- Issue date: 2021 May-Aug