Patient-reported outcomes in ZUMA-7, a phase 3 study of axicabtagene ciloleucel in second-line large B-cell lymphoma
Chavez, J. C.
Larouche, J. F.
Rudzki, J. D.
Dorritie, K. A.
Jaglowski, S. M.
Radford, John A
Martin Garcia-Sancho, A.
Ulrickson, M. L.
Wang, W. J.
Solem, C. T.
Snider, J. T.
Kersten, M. J.
AffiliationQueen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Canada
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHere we report the first comparative analysis of patient-reported outcomes (PROs) with chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy versus standard-of-care (SOC) therapy in second-line relapsed/refractory large B-cell lymphoma (R/R LBCL) from the pivotal randomized phase 3 ZUMA-7 (NCT03391466) study of axicabtagene ciloleucel (axi-cel) versus SOC. PRO instruments were administered at baseline, day 50, day 100, day 150, month 9, and every 3 months from randomization until 24 months or an event-free survival event. The quality of life (QoL) analysis set comprised patients with a baseline and ≥1 follow-up PRO completion. Prespecified hypotheses for QLQ-C30 Physical Functioning, Global Health Status/QoL, and EQ-5D-5L visual analogue scale (VAS) were tested using mixed-effect models with repeated measures. Clinically meaningful changes were defined as 10 points for QLQ-C30 and 7 for EQ-5D-5L VAS. Among 359 patients, 296 (165 axi-cel, 131 SOC) met inclusion criteria for QoL analysis. At day 100, statistically significant and clinically meaningful differences in mean change of scores from baseline were observed favoring axi-cel over SOC for QLQ-C30 Global Health Status/QoL (estimated difference 18.1 [95% CI, 12.3-23.9]), Physical Functioning (13.1 [95% CI, 8.0-18.2]), and EQ-5D-5L VAS (13.7 [95% CI, 8.5-18.8]; P<.0001 for all). At day 150, scores significantly favored axi-cel versus SOC for Global Health Status/QoL (9.8 [95% CI, 2.6-17.0]; P=.0124) and EQ-5D-5L VAS (11.3 [95% CI, 5.4-17.1]; P=.0004). Axi-cel showed clinically meaningful improvements in QoL over SOC. Superior clinical outcomes and favorable patient experience with axi-cel should help inform treatment choices in second-line R/R LBCL.
CitationElsawy M, Chavez JC, Avivi I, Larouche JF, Wannesson L, Cwynarski K, et al. Patient-reported outcomes in ZUMA-7, a phase 3 study of axicabtagene ciloleucel in second-line large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2022 Jul 15. PubMed PMID: 35839452. Epub 2022/07/16. eng.
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel as Second-Line Therapy in Patients with Large B-Cell Lymphoma in the United States: An Economic Evaluation of the ZUMA-7 Trial.
- Authors: Perales MA, Kuruvilla J, Snider JT, Vadgama S, Blissett R, El-Moustaid F, Smith NJ, Patel A, Johnston P
- Issue date: 2022 Aug 12
- Standard-of-Care Axicabtagene Ciloleucel for Relapsed or Refractory Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Results From the US Lymphoma CAR T Consortium.
- Authors: Nastoupil LJ, Jain MD, Feng L, Spiegel JY, Ghobadi A, Lin Y, Dahiya S, Lunning M, Lekakis L, Reagan P, Oluwole O, McGuirk J, Deol A, Sehgal AR, Goy A, Hill BT, Vu K, Andreadis C, Munoz J, Westin J, Chavez JC, Cashen A, Bennani NN, Rapoport AP, Vose JM, Miklos DB, Neelapu SS, Locke FL
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 20
- Cost-Effectiveness of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Therapy in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Large B Cell Lymphoma: No Impact of Site of Care.
- Authors: Cummings Joyner AK, Snider JT, Wade SW, Wang ST, Buessing MG, Johnson S, Gergis U
- Issue date: 2022 Aug
- Axicabtagene Ciloleucel as Second-Line Therapy for Large B-Cell Lymphoma.
- Authors: Locke FL, Miklos DB, Jacobson CA, Perales MA, Kersten MJ, Oluwole OO, Ghobadi A, Rapoport AP, McGuirk J, Pagel JM, Muñoz J, Farooq U, van Meerten T, Reagan PM, Sureda A, Flinn IW, Vandenberghe P, Song KW, Dickinson M, Minnema MC, Riedell PA, Leslie LA, Chaganti S, Yang Y, Filosto S, Shah J, Schupp M, To C, Cheng P, Gordon LI, Westin JR, All ZUMA-7 Investigators and Contributing Kite Members.
- Issue date: 2022 Feb 17
- Matching-adjusted indirect treatment comparison of liso-cel versus axi-cel in relapsed or refractory large B cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Maloney DG, Kuruvilla J, Liu FF, Kostic A, Kim Y, Bonner A, Zhang Y, Fox CP, Cartron G
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 8