Challenges facing cancer care and guidance on prioritising its safe delivery: lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic
AuthorsSmith, Nikki D
Hechter, Stephanie|Foulkes, M.
Mohammed, M. A.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe COVID-19 pandemic challenged the NHS to make rapid adjustments to practice to ensure that patients could continue to access vital treatments while reducing the risk of infection. A roundtable discussion was convened, including professionals from cancer care delivery and those working in patient involvement, to discuss experiences during the pandemic and to offer recommendations for the safe transition and implementation of cancer care in the community setting.
CitationSmith ND, Radhakrishna G, Paton N, Hechter S, Foulkes M, Mohammed MA, et al. Challenges facing cancer care and guidance on prioritising its safe delivery: lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic. British journal of hospital medicine (London, England : 2005). 2022 Jun 2;83(6):1-8. PubMed PMID: 35787174. Epub 2022/07/06. eng.
JournalBritish Journal of Hospital Medicine
- Delivering Cancer Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Recommendations and Lessons Learned From ASCO Global Webinars.
- Authors: Jazieh AR, Chan SL, Curigliano G, Dickson N, Eaton V, Garcia-Foncillas J, Gilmore T, Horn L, Kerr DJ, Lee J, Mathias C, Nogueira-Rodrigues A, Pierce L, Rogado A, Schilsky RL, Soria JC, Warner JL, Yoshida K
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- The perspective of Canadian health care professionals on abortion service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Authors: Ennis M, Wahl K, Jeong D, Knight K, Renner R, Munro S, Dunn S, Guilbert E, Norman WV
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 27
- Clinical strategies for optimizing infusion center care through a pandemic.
- Authors: Hanna KS, Segal EM, Barlow A, Barlow B
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- How has COVID-19 affected mental health nurses and the delivery of mental health nursing care in the UK? Results of a mixed-methods study.
- Authors: Foye U, Dalton-Locke C, Harju-Seppänen J, Lane R, Beames L, Vera San Juan N, Johnson S, Simpson A
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Genitourinary Cancer Care: Re-envisioning the Future.
- Authors: Wallis CJD, Catto JWF, Finelli A, Glaser AW, Gore JL, Loeb S, Morgan TM, Morgans AK, Mottet N, Neal R, O'Brien T, Odisho AY, Powles T, Skolarus TA, Smith AB, Szabados B, Klaassen Z, Spratt DE
- Issue date: 2020 Nov