Rab11-FIP1/RCP functions as a major signalling hub in the oncogenic roles of mutant p53 in cancer
AffiliationTumour Suppressors Group, Cancer Research United Kingdom (UK) Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Macclesfield
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRab11-FIP1 is a Rab effector protein that is involved in endosomal recycling and trafficking of various molecules throughout the endocytic compartments of the cell. The consequence of this can be increased secretion or increased membrane expression of those molecules. In general, expression of Rab11-FIP1 coincides with more tumourigenic and metastatic cell behaviour. Rab11-FIP1 can work in concert with oncogenes such as mutant p53, but has also been speculated to be an oncogene in its own right. In this perspective, we will discuss and speculate upon our observations that mutant p53 promotes Rab11-FIP1 function to not only promote invasive behaviour, but also chemoresistance by regulating a multitude of different proteins.
Citationvon Grabowiecki Y, Phatak V, Aschauer L, Muller PAJ. Rab11-FIP1/RCP Functions as a Major Signalling Hub in the Oncogenic Roles of Mutant p53 in Cancer. Vol. 11, Frontiers in Oncology. Frontiers Media SA; 2021.
JournalFrontiers in Oncology
- The Rab11-FIP1/RCP gene codes for multiple protein transcripts related to the plasma membrane recycling system.
- Authors: Jin M, Goldenring JR
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Rab11-FIP1 mediates epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion in esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Tang Q, Lento A, Suzuki K, Efe G, Karakasheva T, Long A, Giroux V, Islam M, Wileyto EP, Klein-Szanto AJ, Nakagawa H, Bass A, Rustgi AK
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 3
- The rab11 effector protein FIP1 regulates adiponectin trafficking and secretion.
- Authors: Carson BP, Del Bas JM, Moreno-Navarrete JM, Fernandez-Real JM, Mora S
- Issue date: 2013
- Rab11-FIP1 and Rab11-FIP5 Regulate pIgR/pIgA Transcytosis through TRIM21-Mediated Polyubiquitination.
- Authors: Fan X, Zhou D, Zhao B, Sha H, Li M, Li X, Yang J, Yan H
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 28
- The Rab11 effectors Fip5 and Fip1 regulate zebrafish intestinal development.
- Authors: Jewett CE, Appel BH, Prekeris R
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 23