Highlights from the 2022 ASCO gastrointestinal cancer symposium: An overview by the EORTC gastrointestinal tract cancer group
Wagner, A. D.
Valle, Juan W
Lutz, M. P.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Rue Meylemeersch 90, Anderlecht 1070, Belgium; Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Brussels, Belgium; European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Brussel, Belgium
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecently, we have witnessed impressive diagnostic and therapeutic changes for gastrointestinal cancer patients. New challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic have led us to re-evaluate our work priorities. Thanks to the commendable resilience of both investigators and patients, however, clinical research never stopped. In addition to conducting cutting-edge research and serving patients' needs, as EORTC Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer Group, we are committed to pursuing educational initiatives beneficial to the entire European oncology community and beyond. In this regard, we have been providing critical discussions of new data from major international meetings. In this article, we discuss results of important selected studies presented at the 2022 ASCO Gastrointestinal Cancer Symposium, putting them in perspectives and highlighting potential implications for routine practice. With the number of in-person attendees and practice-changing/informing trials presented, this meeting represented a milestone in the return to normality as well as in the fight against cancer.
CitationSclafani F, Fontana E, Wyrwicz L, Wagner AD, Valle JW, Smyth E, et al. Highlights from the 2022 ASCO gastrointestinal cancer symposium: An overview by the EORTC gastrointestinal tract cancer group. Clinical Colorectal Cancer. Elsevier BV; 2022.
JournalClinical Colorectal Cancer
- [ASCO update 2006--highlights of the 42. meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology/ASCO 2006].
- Authors: Reinacher-Schick A, Arnold D, Lordick F, Möhler M, Lutz MP, Seufferlein T, American Society of Clinical Oncology/ASCO 2006
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- [ASCO-Update 2005--Highlights of the 41st Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology/ASCO 2005].
- Authors: Höhler T, Heike M, Lutz MP, Graeven U, Seufferlein T, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- [ASCO-update 2015 - highlights of the 51. meeting of the american society of clinical oncology/ASCO 2015].
- Authors: Lorenzen S, Arnold D, Fottner C, Leichsenring J, Moehler M, Seufferlein T, Vogel A, Weber MM, Reinacher-Schick A
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- ESMO Congress 2021: highlights from the EORTC gastrointestinal tract cancer group's perspective.
- Authors: Koessler T, Alsina M, Arnold D, Ben-Aharon I, Collienne M, Lutz MP, Neuzillet C, Obermannova R, Peeters M, Sclafani F, Smyth E, Valle JW, Wagner AD, Wyrwicz L, Fontana E, Moehler M
- Issue date: 2022 Apr
- Self-Reported COVID-19 Infections and Social Mixing Behavior at Oncology Meetings.
- Authors: Talcott WJ, Chen K, Peters GW, Reddy KK, Weintraub SM, Mougalian SS, Adelson K, Evans SB
- Issue date: 2022 Sep 1