Rationale and design of the phase 3 KEYLYNK-013 study of pembrolizumab with concurrent chemoradiotherapy followed by pembrolizumab with or without olaparib for limited-stage small-cell lung cancer
Lai, W. V.
Jabbour, S. K.
Rudin, C. M.
Cho, B. C.
AffiliationMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: The current standard of care for patients with newly diagnosed limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) is concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT). The prognosis remains poor due to the aggressiveness and high risk of progression or relapse of SCLC even if an initial response is achieved. Therefore, there is an urgent unmet clinical need in this population. The multicenter, phase 3, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind KEYLYNK-013 study evaluates the addition of pembrolizumab to CCRT followed by pembrolizumab with or without olaparib in participants with previously untreated limited-stage SCLC. (ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT04624204). Methods: Eligible participants aged ≥18 years with newly diagnosed, pathologically confirmed, limited-stage (ie, stage I-III) SCLC will be randomized 1:1:1 to CCRT (ie, etoposide plus carboplatin or cisplatin for 4 cycles and standard thoracic radiotherapy) plus pembrolizumab (Groups A and B) or CCRT plus placebo (Group C). In the absence of disease progression, participants will receive pembrolizumab plus placebo (Group A), pembrolizumab plus olaparib (Group B), or placebo (Group C). Dual primary endpoints are progression-free survival per RECIST version 1.1 by blinded independent central review and overall survival. Results: Enrollment began in December 2020 and is ongoing at approximately 150 sites. Conclusions: KEYLYNK-013 will provide valuable information on the efficacy and safety of pembrolizumab plus CCRT and pembrolizumab with or without olaparib post CCRT in participants with limited-stage SCLC.
CitationRimner A, Lai WCV, Califano R, Jabbour SK, Rudin CM, Faivre-Finn C, et al. Rationale and Design of the Phase 3 KEYLYNK-013 Study of Pembrolizumab With Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Followed by Pembrolizumab With or Without Olaparib for Limited-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Vol. 23, Clinical Lung Cancer. Elsevier BV; 2022. p. e325–9.
JournalClinical Lung Cancer
- Rationale and Design of the Phase III KEYLYNK-012 Study of Pembrolizumab and Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Followed by Pembrolizumab With or Without Olaparib for Stage III Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Jabbour SK, Cho BC, Bria E, Kato T, Bhosle J, Gainor JF, Reguart N, Wang L, Morgensztern D, Shentu Y, Kim SJ, Souza F, Reck M
- Issue date: 2022 Apr 29
- Design and Rationale for a Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial of Durvalumab With or Without Tremelimumab After Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Patients With Limited-stage Small-cell Lung Cancer: The ADRIATIC Study.
- Authors: Senan S, Okamoto I, Lee GW, Chen Y, Niho S, Mak G, Yao W, Shire N, Jiang H, Cho BC
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Pembrolizumab or Placebo Plus Etoposide and Platinum as First-Line Therapy for Extensive-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer: Randomized, Double-Blind, Phase III KEYNOTE-604 Study.
- Authors: Rudin CM, Awad MM, Navarro A, Gottfried M, Peters S, Csőszi T, Cheema PK, Rodriguez-Abreu D, Wollner M, Yang JC, Mazieres J, Orlandi FJ, Luft A, Gümüş M, Kato T, Kalemkerian GP, Luo Y, Ebiana V, Pietanza MC, Kim HR, KEYNOTE-604 Investigators.
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 20
- Patient-reported outcomes following pembrolizumab or placebo plus pemetrexed and platinum in patients with previously untreated, metastatic, non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (KEYNOTE-189): a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Garassino MC, Gadgeel S, Esteban E, Felip E, Speranza G, Domine M, Hochmair MJ, Powell S, Cheng SY, Bischoff HG, Peled N, Reck M, Hui R, Garon EB, Boyer M, Wei Z, Burke T, Pietanza MC, Rodríguez-Abreu D
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- [Efficacy of olaparib combined with pembrolizumab in second-line treatment for extensive-stage small cell lung cancer].
- Authors: Wu ZZ, Zhang SJ, Hu Y
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 23