Enhancer recruitment of a RUNX1, HDAC1 and TLE3 co-repressor complex by mis-expressed FOXC1 blocks differentiation in acute myeloid leukemia
AffiliationLeukaemia Biology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTissue-inappropriate expression of FOXC1 (Forkhead Box C1) in acute myeloid leukemia confers a monocyte/macrophage lineage differentiation block. We discovered that FOXC1 interacts with RUNX1 (Runt-Related Transcription Factor 1) to stabilize a RUNX1, HDAC1 (Histone Deacetylase 1) and TLE3 (Transducin-like enhancer protein 3) repressor complex at enhancers controlling myeloid differentiation genes.
CitationSimeoni F, Somervaille TC. Enhancer recruitment of a RUNX1, HDAC1 and TLE3 co-repressor complex by mis-expressed FOXC1 blocks differentiation in acute myeloid leukemia. Vol. 8, Molecular & Cellular Oncology. Informa UK Limited; 2021.
JournalMolecular and Cellular Oncology
- Enhancer recruitment of transcription repressors RUNX1 and TLE3 by mis-expressed FOXC1 blocks differentiation in acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Simeoni F, Romero-Camarero I, Camera F, Amaral FMR, Sinclair OJ, Papachristou EK, Spencer GJ, Lie-A-Ling M, Lacaud G, Wiseman DH, Carroll JS, Somervaille TCP
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 21
- Tissue-inappropriate derepression of FOXC1 is frequent and functional in human acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Somerville TD, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Evaluation of CCAAT/Enhancer Binding Protein (C/EBP) Alpha (CEBPA) and Runt-Related Transcription Factor 1 (RUNX1) Expression in Patients with De Novo Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: Salarpour F, Goudarzipour K, Mohammadi MH, Ahmadzadeh A, Faraahi S, Farsani MA
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- HDAC1 Is a Required Cofactor of CBFβ-SMMHC and a Potential Therapeutic Target in Inversion 16 Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: Richter LE, Wang Y, Becker ME, Coburn RA, Williams JT, Amador C, Hyde RK
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Frequent Derepression of the Mesenchymal Transcription Factor Gene FOXC1 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Authors: Somerville TD, Wiseman DH, Spencer GJ, Huang X, Lynch JT, Leong HS, Williams EL, Cheesman E, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 14