Phase 1b study of berzosertib and cisplatin in patients with advanced triple-negative breast cancer
AuthorsTelli, M. L.
Tolaney, S. M.
Shapiro, G. I.
Lord, S. R.
Arkenau, H. T.
Dean, Emma J
Haddad, T. C.
AffiliationStanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPlatinum derivatives are commonly used for the treatment of patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). However, resistance often develops, leading to treatment failure. This expansion cohort (part C2) of the previously reported phase 1b trial (NCT02157792) is based on the recommended phase 2 dose of the combination of the ataxia-telangiectasia and Rad3-related (ATR) inhibitor berzosertib and cisplatin observed in patients with advanced solid tumors, including TNBC. Forty-seven patients aged ≥18 years with advanced TNBC received cisplatin (75 mg/m2; day 1) and berzosertib (140 mg/m2; days 2 and 9), in 21-day cycles. Berzosertib was well tolerated, with a similar toxicity profile to that reported previously for this combination. The overall response rate (90% confidence interval) was 23.4% (13.7, 35.8). No relevant associations were observed between response and gene alterations. Further studies combining ATR inhibitors with platinum compounds may be warranted in highly selected patient populations.
CitationTelli ML, Tolaney SM, Shapiro GI, Middleton M, Lord SR, Arkenau HT, et al. Phase 1b study of berzosertib and cisplatin in patients with advanced triple-negative breast cancer. Vol. 8, npj Breast Cancer. Springer Science and Business Media LLC; 2022.
JournalNPJ Breast Cancer
- Phase 1 study of the ATR inhibitor berzosertib in combination with cisplatin in patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Shapiro GI, Wesolowski R, Devoe C, Lord S, Pollard J, Hendriks BS, Falk M, Diaz-Padilla I, Plummer R, Yap TA
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Phase 1 study of the ATR inhibitor berzosertib (formerly M6620, VX-970) combined with gemcitabine ± cisplatin in patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Middleton MR, Dean E, Evans TRJ, Shapiro GI, Pollard J, Hendriks BS, Falk M, Diaz-Padilla I, Plummer R
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Population pharmacokinetics of ATR inhibitor berzosertib in phase I studies for different cancer types.
- Authors: Terranova N, Jansen M, Falk M, Hendriks BS
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- A phase 1b study evaluating the safety and preliminary efficacy of berzosertib in combination with gemcitabine in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Plummer R, Dean E, Arkenau HT, Redfern C, Spira AI, Melear JM, Chung KY, Ferrer-Playan J, Goddemeier T, Locatelli G, Dong J, Fleuranceau-Morel P, Diaz-Padilla I, Shapiro GI
- Issue date: 2022 Jan
- Berzosertib plus gemcitabine versus gemcitabine alone in platinum-resistant high-grade serous ovarian cancer: a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Konstantinopoulos PA, Cheng SC, Wahner Hendrickson AE, Penson RT, Schumer ST, Doyle LA, Lee EK, Kohn EC, Duska LR, Crispens MA, Olawaiye AB, Winer IS, Barroilhet LM, Fu S, McHale MT, Schilder RJ, Färkkilä A, Chowdhury D, Curtis J, Quinn RS, Bowes B, D'Andrea AD, Shapiro GI, Matulonis UA
- Issue date: 2020 Jul