NMR Molecular Replacement Provides New Insights into Binding Modes to Bromodomains of BRD4 and TRIM24
Packer, M. J.
Hitchin, James R
Milbradt, A. G.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStructure-based drug discovery (SBDD) largely relies on structural information from X-ray crystallography because traditional NMR structure calculation methods are too time consuming to be aligned with typical drug discovery timelines. The recently developed NMR molecular replacement (NMR2) method dramatically reduces the time needed to generate ligand–protein complex structures using published structures (apo or holo) of the target protein and treating all observed NOEs as ambiguous restraints, bypassing the laborious process of obtaining sequence-specific resonance assignments for the protein target. We apply this method to two therapeutic targets, the bromodomain of TRIM24 and the second bromodomain of BRD4. We show that the NMR2 methodology can guide SBDD by rationalizing the observed SAR. We also demonstrate that new types of restraints and selective methyl labeling have the potential to dramatically reduce “time to structure” and extend the method to targets beyond the reach of traditional NMR structure elucidation.
CitationTorres F, Walser R, Kaderli J, Rossi E, Bobby R, Packer MJ, et al. NMR Molecular Replacement Provides New Insights into Binding Modes to Bromodomains of BRD4 and TRIM24. J Med Chem. 2022;65(7):5565-74.
JournalJ Med Chem
- Segmental Isotope Labelling of an Individual Bromodomain of a Tandem Domain BRD4 Using Sortase A.
- Authors: Williams FP, Milbradt AG, Embrey KJ, Bobby R
- Issue date: 2016
- SAR by (Protein-Observed) (19)F NMR.
- Authors: Divakaran A, Kirberger SE, Pomerantz WCK
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 17
- Structural insights into selective histone H3 recognition by the human Polybromo bromodomain 2.
- Authors: Charlop-Powers Z, Zeng L, Zhang Q, Zhou MM
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Discovery and characterization of bromodomain 2-specific inhibitors of BRDT.
- Authors: Yu Z, Ku AF, Anglin JL, Sharma R, Ucisik MN, Faver JC, Li F, Nyshadham P, Simmons N, Sharma KL, Nagarajan S, Riehle K, Kaur G, Sankaran B, Storl-Desmond M, Palmer SS, Young DW, Kim C, Matzuk MM
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 2
- Different orientations of low-molecular-weight fragments in the binding pocket of a BRD4 bromodomain.
- Authors: Lolli G, Battistutta R
- Issue date: 2013 Oct