Conversations with LGBT+ scientists about visibility, leadership and climbing the career ladder
AffiliationCRUK Manchester Institute and Manchester Cancer Research Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4GJ, UK. Department of Medicine, and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA. Division of Molecular & Cellular Biology, School of Biosciences, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK. Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA. Cancer Research UK Beatson Institute, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK. Institute of Cancer Sciences, The University of Glasgow, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFebruary is LGBT+ history month, and to celebrate, Journal of Cell Science Editorial Advisory Board member David Bryant organised a conversation with a selection of scientists to explore their experiences of being LGBT+ in academia.
CitationBristow RG, Engel J, Jayasinghe I, Kampmann M, James Sansom O, Bryant DM. Conversations with LGBT+ scientists about visibility, leadership and climbing the career ladder [Internet]. Vol. 135, Journal of Cell Science. The Company of Biologists; 2022.
JournalJ Cell Sci
- LGBT workplace protections as an extension of the protected class framework.
- Authors: Steiger RL, Henry PJ
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Equality in Healthcare: The Formation and Ongoing Legacy of an LGBT Advisory Council.
- Authors: Rosa W, Fullerton C, Keller R
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- How LGBT+ scientists would like to be included and welcomed in STEM workplaces.
- Authors: Powell K, Terry R, Chen S
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Challenges facing LGBTQ+ early-career scientists and how to engage in changing the status quo.
- Authors: Field S, Rajewski A
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 19
- Development of a Conceptual Framework for Understanding Shared Decision making Among African-American LGBT Patients and their Clinicians.
- Authors: Peek ME, Lopez FY, Williams HS, Xu LJ, McNulty MC, Acree ME, Schneider JA
- Issue date: 2016 Jun