ENETS standardized (synoptic) reporting for endoscopy in neuroendocrine tumors
Pape, U. F.
Deprez, P. H.
Bartsch, D. K.
Jensen, R. T.
Valle, Juan W
D, O. T.
AffiliationDepartment of Hepato-Gastroenterology, Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc, Bruxelles, Belgium. Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Asklepios Klinik St. Georg, Asklepios Tumorzentrum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany. Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charité Campus Mitte, Charité University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany. Department of Visceral-, Thoracic- and Vascular Surgery at the Philipps-University Marburg, Marburg, Germany. Neuroendocrine Tumour Unit, ENETS Centre of Excellence, Royal Free Hospital and University College London, London, UK. Department of Surgery, San Raffaele Hospital IRCCS, Università Vita-e-Salute, Milan, Italy. Department of Oncology, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, UCM, Madrid, Spain. Neuroendocrine Tumor Unit, Division of Medicine, Endocrinology & Metabolism Department, Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel. Gastrointestinal Cell Biology Section, Digestive Disease Branch, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA. Zentrum für Innere Medizin, Universitätsklinikum Marburg, Marburg, Germany. Department of Gastroenterology-Pancreatology, Beaujon Hospital and Université de Paris, Clichy, France. Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester/The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK. National Centre for Neuroendocrine Tumours, St Vincent's University Hospital and St James's Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite efforts from various endoscopy societies, reporting in the field of endoscopy remains extremely heterogeneous. Harmonisation of clinical practice in endoscopy has been highlighted by application of many clinical practice guidelines and standards pertaining to the endoscopic procedures and reporting are underlined. The aim of the proposed “standardised reporting” is to (1) facilitate recognition of gastrointestinal neuroendocrine neoplasms (NEN) on initial endoscopy, (2) to enable interdisciplinary decision making for treatment by a multidisciplinary team, (3) to provide a basis for a standardised endoscopic follow-up which allows detection of recurrence or progression reliably, (4) to make endoscopic reports on NEN comparable between different units, and (5) to allow research collaboration between NEN centres in terms of consistency of their endoscopic data. The ultimate goal is to improve disease management, patient outcome and reduce the diagnostic burden on the side of the patient by ensuring the highest possible diagnostic accuracy and validity of endoscopic exams and possibly interventions.
CitationBorbath I, Pape U, Deprez PH, Bartsch DK, Caplin M, Falconi M, et al. ENETS standardized (synoptic) reporting for endoscopy in neuroendocrine tumors [Internet]. Journal of Neuroendocrinology. Wiley; 2022.
JournalJournal of Neuroendocrinology
- ENETS standardized (synoptic) reporting for molecular imaging studies in neuroendocrine tumours.
- Authors: Hicks RJ, Dromain C, de Herder WW, Costa FP, Deroose CM, Frilling A, Koumarianou A, Krenning EP, Raymond E, Bodei L, Sorbye H, Welin S, Wiedenmann B, Wild D, Howe JR, Yao J, O'Toole D, Sundin A, Prasad V
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- ENETS standardized (synoptic) reporting for neuroendocrine tumour pathology.
- Authors: van Velthuysen MF, Couvelard A, Rindi G, Fazio N, Hörsch D, Nieveen van Dijkum EJ, Klöppel G, Perren A
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- [Consensus and controversy of endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors].
- Authors: Chen H, Chen Y
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 25
- ENETS standardized (synoptic) reporting for radiological imaging in neuroendocrine tumours.
- Authors: Dromain C, Vullierme MP, Hicks RJ, Prasad V, O'Toole D, de Herder WW, Pavel M, Faggiano A, Kos-Kudla B, Öberg K, Krejs GJ, Grande E, Niederle B, Sundin A
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- Digestive Neuroendocrine Neoplasms (NEN): French Intergroup clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up (SNFGE, GTE, RENATEN, TENPATH, FFCD, GERCOR, UNICANCER, SFCD, SFED, SFRO, SFR).
- Authors: de Mestier L, Lepage C, Baudin E, Coriat R, Courbon F, Couvelard A, Do Cao C, Frampas E, Gaujoux S, Gincul R, Goudet P, Lombard-Bohas C, Poncet G, Smith D, Ruszniewski P, Lecomte T, Bouché O, Walter T, Cadiot G, Thésaurus National de Cancérologie Digestive (TNCD)
- Issue date: 2020 May