Management of Adults and Children receiving CAR T-cell therapy: 2021 Best Practice Recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE) and the European Haematology Association (EHA)
AuthorsHayden, P. J.
Basak, G. W.
Kersten, M. J.
Snowden, J. A.
Ispizua Á, U.
Gribben, J. G.
AffiliationDepartment of Haematology, Trinity College Dublin, St. James’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground Several commercial and academic autologous chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) products targeting CD19 have been approved in Europe for relapsed/refractory B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia, high-grade B-cell lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma. Products for other diseases such as multiple myeloma and follicular lymphoma are likely to be approved by the European Medicines Agency in the near future. Design The European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)-Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE) and the European Haematology Association collaborated to draft best practice recommendations based on the current literature to support health care professionals in delivering consistent, high-quality care in this rapidly moving field. Results Thirty-six CAR-T experts (medical, nursing, pharmacy/laboratory) assembled to draft recommendations to cover all aspects of CAR-T patient care and supply chain management, from patient selection to long-term follow-up, post-authorisation safety surveillance and regulatory issues. Conclusions We provide practical, clinically relevant recommendations on the use of these high-cost, logistically complex therapies for haematologists/oncologists, nurses and other stakeholders including pharmacists and health sector administrators involved in the delivery of CAR-T in the clinic.
CitationHayden PJ, Roddie C, Bader P, Basak GW, Bonig H, Bonini C, et al. Management of Adults and Children receiving CAR T-cell therapy: 2021 Best Practice Recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE) and the European Haematology Association (EHA). Ann Oncol. 2021.
- Management of adults and children undergoing chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy: best practice recommendations of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the Joint Accreditation Committee of ISCT and EBMT (JACIE).
- Authors: Yakoub-Agha I, Chabannon C, Bader P, Basak GW, Bonig H, Ciceri F, Corbacioglu S, Duarte RF, Einsele H, Hudecek M, Kersten MJ, Köhl U, Kuball J, Mielke S, Mohty M, Murray J, Nagler A, Robinson S, Saccardi R, Sanchez-Guijo F, Snowden JA, Srour M, Styczynski J, Urbano-Ispizua A, Hayden PJ, Kröger N
- Issue date: 2020
- [Medium-term follow-up of patients treated with chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR T cells): Recommendations of the Francophone Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (SFGM-TC)].
- Authors: Alsuliman T, Drieu La Rochelle L, Campidelli A, Duléry R, Fayard A, Mamez AC, Mear JB, Schneider PO, Trevet A, Vicente C, Yakoub-Agha I
- Issue date: 2021 Dec
- The European Medicines Agency Review of Kymriah (Tisagenlecleucel) for the Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.
- Authors: Ali S, Kjeken R, Niederlaender C, Markey G, Saunders TS, Opsata M, Moltu K, Bremnes B, Grønevik E, Muusse M, Håkonsen GD, Skibeli V, Kalland ME, Wang I, Buajordet I, Urbaniak A, Johnston J, Rantell K, Kerwash E, Schuessler-Lenz M, Salmonson T, Bergh J, Gisselbrecht C, Tzogani K, Papadouli I, Pignatti F
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Clinical utilization of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cells (CAR-T) in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)-an expert opinion from the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT).
- Authors: Kansagra AJ, Frey NV, Bar M, Laetsch TW, Carpenter PA, Savani BN, Heslop HE, Bollard CM, Komanduri KV, Gastineau DA, Chabannon C, Perales MA, Hudecek M, Aljurf M, Andritsos L, Barrett JA, Bachanova V, Bonini C, Ghobadi A, Gill SI, Hill JA, Kenderian S, Kebriaei P, Nagler A, Maloney D, Liu HD, Shah NN, Kharfan-Dabaja MA, Shpall EJ, Mufti GJ, Johnston L, Jacoby E, Bazarbachi A, DiPersio JF, Pavletic SZ, Porter DL, Grupp SA, Sadelain M, Litzow MR, Mohty M, Hashmi SK
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Axicabtagene Ciloleucel: Clinical Data for the Use of CAR T-cell Therapy in Relapsed and Refractory Large B-cell Lymphoma.
- Authors: Halford Z, Anderson MK, Bennett LL
- Issue date: 2021 Mar