Papanastasiou, A. D.
Gorgoulis, Vassilis G
AffiliationMolecular Carcinogenesis Group, Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical School, National Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), 75 Mikras Asias Str., Goudi, GR-11527 Athens, Greece
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCircular RNAs (circRNA) comprise a distinct class of non-coding RNAs that are abundantly expressed in the cell. CircRNAs have the capacity to regulate gene expression by interacting with regulatory proteins and/or other classes of RNAs. While a vast number of circRNAs have been discovered, the majority still remains poorly characterized. Particularly, there is no detailed information on the identity and functional role of circRNAs that are transcribed from genes encoding components of the DNA damage response and repair (DDRR) network. In this article, we not only review the available published information on DDRR-related circRNAs, but also conduct a bioinformatic analysis on data obtained from public repositories to uncover deposited, yet uncharacterized circRNAs derived from components of the DDRR network. Finally, we interrogate for potential targets that are regulated by this class of molecules and look into potential functional implications.
CitationPapaspyropoulos A, Hazapis O, Lagopati N, Polyzou A, Papanastasiou AD, Liontos M, et al. The Role of Circular RNAs in DNA Damage Response and Repair [Internet]. Vol. 13, Cancers. MDPI AG; 2021. p. 5352.
- Circular RNA regulatory network reveals cell-cell crosstalk in acute myeloid leukemia extramedullary infiltration.
- Authors: Lv C, Sun L, Guo Z, Li H, Kong D, Xu B, Lin L, Liu T, Guo D, Zhou J, Li Y
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 17
- Merkel Cell Polyomavirus Encodes Circular RNAs (circRNAs) Enabling a Dynamic circRNA/microRNA/mRNA Regulatory Network.
- Authors: Abere B, Zhou H, Li J, Cao S, Toptan T, Grundhoff A, Fischer N, Moore PS, Chang Y
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 15
- Identification and Bioinformatic Analysis of Circular RNA Expression in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells from Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Authors: Duan R, Niu H, Yu T, Cui H, Yang T, Hao K, Wang C
- Issue date: 2020
- Microarray Expression Profile and Functional Analysis of Circular RNAs in Osteosarcoma.
- Authors: Liu W, Zhang J, Zou C, Xie X, Wang Y, Wang B, Zhao Z, Tu J, Wang X, Li H, Shen J, Yin J
- Issue date: 2017
- Circular RNAs are abundantly expressed and upregulated during repair of the damaged endometrium by Wharton's jelly-derived mesenchymal stem cells.
- Authors: Sun B, Shi L, Shi Q, Jiang Y, Su Z, Yang X, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 15