Health-related quality of life, symptoms, and tolerability of loncastuximab tesirine in patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
Radford, John A
AffiliationVirginia Cancer Specialists, US Oncology Research, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Fairfax, VA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: Loncastuximab tesirine has shown antitumor activity with an acceptable toxicity profile in patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) who were relapsed or refractory after ≥2 prior therapies, including activity in patients with high-risk disease characteristics. This analysis examined health-related quality of life (HRQoL), symptoms, and tolerability in patients receiving loncastuximab tesirine for relapsed or refractory DLBCL. Patients and methods: The single-arm, open-label phase II LOTIS-2 study (ADCT-402-201; NCT03589469) enrolled 145 patients aged ≥18 years. Patients received loncastuximab tesirine as a 30-minute intravenous infusion on day 1 of each 3-week treatment cycle. Patient-reported outcomes were measured using EQ-5D and FACT-Lym at baseline, day 1 of each cycle, and the end-of-treatment visit. Results: During the course of treatment, EQ VAS overall health score was improved over time. The adjusted improvement was 0.65 per cycle (95% CI, 0.26-1.04; P = .001), and the adjusted mean change from baseline score was 5.00 (95% CI, 1.75-8.25; P = .003) at cycle 9, day 1. FACT-Lym total scores remained stable during treatment. More patients reported improvement compared to baseline in pain, lumps/swelling, and losing weight for a majority of visits. More than 60% of patients reported being "not at all" or "a little bit" bothered by treatment side effects for all treatment visits. Findings in elderly patients were similar to the population as whole. Conclusion: The findings on HRQoL, symptoms, and tolerability further support the clinical use of loncastuximab tesirine for the treatment of relapsed or refractory DLBCL.
CitationSpira A, Zhou X, Chen L, Gnanasakthy A, Wang L, Ungar D, et al. Health-Related Quality of Life, Symptoms, and Tolerability of Loncastuximab Tesirine in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma [Internet]. Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia. Elsevier BV; 2021.
JournalClinical Lymphoma Myeloma and Leukemia
- Loncastuximab tesirine in relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (LOTIS-2): a multicentre, open-label, single-arm, phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Caimi PF, Ai W, Alderuccio JP, Ardeshna KM, Hamadani M, Hess B, Kahl BS, Radford J, Solh M, Stathis A, Zinzani PL, Havenith K, Feingold J, He S, Qin Y, Ungar D, Zhang X, Carlo-Stella C
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Loncastuximab tesirine: an effective therapy for relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Xu B
- Issue date: 2022 May
- Evaluating efficacy and safety of loncastuximab tesirine injection for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Ahmed N, Hamadani M
- Issue date: 2021 Dec