Transcriptome analysis in a primary human muscle cell differentiation model for myotonic dystrophy type 1
AffiliationDepartment of Neurology, Friedrich-Baur-Institute, LMU Klinikum, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, 80336 Munich, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMyotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1) is caused by CTG-repeat expansions leading to a complex pathology with a multisystemic phenotype that primarily affects the muscles and brain. Despite a multitude of information, especially on the alternative splicing of several genes involved in the pathology, information about additional factors contributing to the disease development is still lacking. We performed RNAseq and gene expression analyses on proliferating primary human myoblasts and differentiated myotubes. GO-term analysis indicates that in myoblasts and myotubes, different molecular pathologies are involved in the development of the muscular phenotype. Gene set enrichment for splicing reveals the likelihood of whole, differentiation stage specific, splicing complexes that are misregulated in DM1. These data add complexity to the alternative splicing phenotype and we predict that it will be of high importance for therapeutic interventions to target not only mature muscle, but also satellite cells.
CitationTodorow V, Hintze S, Kerr ARW, Hehr A, Schoser B, Meinke P. Transcriptome Analysis in a Primary Human Muscle Cell Differentiation Model for Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1. IJMS. 2021 Aug 10;22(16):8607.
JournalInternational Journal of Molecular Sciences
- Normal myogenesis and increased apoptosis in myotonic dystrophy type-1 muscle cells.
- Authors: Loro E, Rinaldi F, Malena A, Masiero E, Novelli G, Angelini C, Romeo V, Sandri M, Botta A, Vergani L
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Recovery in the Myogenic Program of Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy Myoblasts after Excision of the Expanded (CTG)<i>n</i> Repeat.
- Authors: André LM, van Cruchten RTP, Willemse M, Bezstarosti K, Demmers JAA, van Agtmaal EL, Wansink DG, Wieringa B
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 13
- Transcriptome Analysis Reveals Altered Inflammatory Pathway in an Inducible Glial Cell Model of Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1.
- Authors: Azotla-Vilchis CN, Sanchez-Celis D, Agonizantes-Juárez LE, Suárez-Sánchez R, Hernández-Hernández JM, Peña J, Vázquez-Santillán K, Leyva-García N, Ortega A, Maldonado V, Rangel C, Magaña JJ, Cisneros B, Hernández-Hernández O
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 26
- Efficient CRISPR/Cas9-mediated editing of trinucleotide repeat expansion in myotonic dystrophy patient-derived iPS and myogenic cells.
- Authors: Dastidar S, Ardui S, Singh K, Majumdar D, Nair N, Fu Y, Reyon D, Samara E, Gerli MFM, Klein AF, De Schrijver W, Tipanee J, Seneca S, Tulalamba W, Wang H, Chai YC, In't Veld P, Furling D, Tedesco FS, Vermeesch JR, Joung JK, Chuah MK, VandenDriessche T
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 19
- hnRNP L is essential for myogenic differentiation and modulates myotonic dystrophy pathologies.
- Authors: Alexander MS, Hightower RM, Reid AL, Bennett AH, Iyer L, Slonim DK, Saha M, Kawahara G, Kunkel LM, Kopin AS, Gupta VA, Kang PB, Draper I
- Issue date: 2021 Jun