Large cell neuroendocrine lung carcinoma: consensus statement from The British Thoracic Oncology Group and the Association of Pulmonary Pathologists
AuthorsLindsay, Colin R
Shaw, E. C.
Moore, D. A.
Summers, Yvonne J
Wallace, W. A.
Nicholson, A. G.
Forster, M. D.
Blackhall, Fiona H
Kerr, K. M.
AffiliationDivision of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOver the past 10 years, lung cancer clinical and translational research has been characterised by exponential progress, exemplified by the introduction of molecularly targeted therapies, immunotherapy and chemo-immunotherapy combinations to stage III and IV non-small cell lung cancer. Along with squamous and small cell lung cancers, large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC) now represents an area of unmet need, particularly hampered by the lack of an encompassing pathological definition that can facilitate real-world and clinical trial progress. The steps we have proposed in this article represent an iterative and rational path forward towards clinical breakthroughs that can be modelled on success in other lung cancer pathologies.
CitationLindsay CR, Shaw EC, Moore DA, Rassl D, Jamal-Hanjani M, Steele N, et al. Large cell neuroendocrine lung carcinoma: consensus statement from The British Thoracic Oncology Group and the Association of Pulmonary Pathologists. Br J Cancer. 2021 Sep 6.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery for brain metastases from pulmonary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma: a Japanese multi-institutional cooperative study (JLGK1401).
- Authors: Kawabe T, Yamamoto M, Sato Y, Yomo S, Kondoh T, Nagano O, Serizawa T, Tsugawa T, Okamoto H, Akabane A, Aita K, Sato M, Jokura H, Kawagishi J, Shuto T, Kawai H, Moriki A, Kenai H, Iwai Y, Gondo M, Hasegawa T, Yasuda S, Kikuchi Y, Nagatomo Y, Watanabe S, Hashimoto N
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy combined with immunotherapy for pulmonary large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma: a case report.
- Authors: Chen F, Hua H, Huang H
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Reproducibility of neuroendocrine lung tumor classification.
- Authors: Travis WD, Gal AA, Colby TV, Klimstra DS, Falk R, Koss MN
- Issue date: 1998 Mar
- First report of pulmonary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma treated with stereotactic body radiation therapy.
- Authors: McClelland S 3rd, Durm GA, Birdas TJ, Musto PM, Lautenschlaeger T
- Issue date: 2019 Nov-Dec
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lungs: case report and literature review.
- Authors: Han Y, Pang L, Huang J, Chen J
- Issue date: 2020 Sep