Large cell neuroendocrine lung carcinoma: consensus statement from The British Thoracic Oncology Group and the Association of Pulmonary Pathologists
AuthorsLindsay, Colin R
Shaw, E. C.
Moore, D. A.
Summers, Yvonne J
Wallace, W. A.
Nicholson, A. G.
Forster, M. D.
Blackhall, Fiona H
Kerr, K. M.
AffiliationDivision of Molecular and Clinical Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOver the past 10 years, lung cancer clinical and translational research has been characterised by exponential progress, exemplified by the introduction of molecularly targeted therapies, immunotherapy and chemo-immunotherapy combinations to stage III and IV non-small cell lung cancer. Along with squamous and small cell lung cancers, large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC) now represents an area of unmet need, particularly hampered by the lack of an encompassing pathological definition that can facilitate real-world and clinical trial progress. The steps we have proposed in this article represent an iterative and rational path forward towards clinical breakthroughs that can be modelled on success in other lung cancer pathologies.
CitationLindsay CR, Shaw EC, Moore DA, Rassl D, Jamal-Hanjani M, Steele N, et al. Large cell neuroendocrine lung carcinoma: consensus statement from The British Thoracic Oncology Group and the Association of Pulmonary Pathologists. Br J Cancer. 2021 Sep 6.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- DLL3 expression in large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC) and association with molecular subtypes and neuroendocrine profile.
- Authors: Hermans BCM, Derks JL, Thunnissen E, van Suylen RJ, den Bakker MA, Groen HJM, Smit EF, Damhuis RA, van den Broek EC, PALGA-group, Ruland A, Speel EJM, Dingemans AMC
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- TrkB/BDNF signaling pathway is a potential therapeutic target for pulmonary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma.
- Authors: Odate S, Nakamura K, Onishi H, Kojima M, Uchiyama A, Nakano K, Kato M, Tanaka M, Katano M
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: a histologic and immunohistochemical study of 22 cases.
- Authors: Jiang SX, Kameya T, Shoji M, Dobashi Y, Shinada J, Yoshimura H
- Issue date: 1998 May
- [Clinical Analysis of 22 Cases of Pulmonary Large Cell Neuroendocrine Cancer].
- Authors: Qian Z, Hu Y, Zheng H, Dong Y, Wang Q, Li B
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- TTF-1 and c-MYC-defined Phenotypes of Large Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma and Delta-like Protein 3 Expression for Treatment Selection.
- Authors: Miyagawa-Hayashino A, Okada S, Takeda-Miyata N, Takashima Y, Yamada T, Takemura Y, Uchino J, Inoue M, Takayama K, Konishi E
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 1