Comprehensive library generation for identification and quantification of endometrial cancer protein biomarkers in cervico-vaginal fluid
Jones, E. R.
Whetton, Andrew D
Crosbie, Emma J
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, 5th Floor Research, St Mary's Hospital, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEndometrial cancer is the most common gynaecological malignancy in high-income countries and its incidence is rising. Early detection, aided by highly sensitive and specific biomarkers, has the potential to improve outcomes as treatment can be provided when it is most likely to effect a cure. Sequential window acquisition of all theoretical mass spectra (SWATH-MS), an accurate and reproducible platform for analysing biological samples, offers a technological advance for biomarker discovery due to its reproducibility, sensitivity and potential for data re-interrogation. SWATH-MS requires a spectral library in order to identify and quantify peptides from multiplexed mass spectrometry data. Here we present a bespoke spectral library of 154,206 transitions identifying 19,394 peptides and 2425 proteins in the cervico-vaginal fluid of postmenopausal women with, or at risk of, endometrial cancer. We have combined these data with a library of over 6000 proteins generated based on mass spectrometric analysis of two endometrial cancer cell lines. This unique resource enables the study of protein biomarkers for endometrial cancer detection in cervico-vaginal fluid. Data are available via ProteomeXchange with unique identifier PXD025925.
CitationNjoku K, Chiasserini D, Geary B, Pierce A, Jones ER, Whetton AD, et al. Comprehensive Library Generation for Identification and Quantification of Endometrial Cancer Protein Biomarkers in Cervico-Vaginal Fluid. Cancers. 2021 Jul 28;13(15):3804.
- Generation of a zebrafish SWATH-MS spectral library to quantify 10,000 proteins.
- Authors: Blattmann P, Stutz V, Lizzo G, Richard J, Gut P, Aebersold R
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 12
- A comprehensive CHO SWATH-MS spectral library for robust quantitative profiling of 10,000 proteins.
- Authors: Sim KH, Liu LC, Tan HT, Tan K, Ng D, Zhang W, Yang Y, Tate S, Bi X
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 11
- Use of a Recombinant Biomarker Protein DDA Library Increases DIA Coverage of Low Abundance Plasma Proteins.
- Authors: Ahn SB, Kamath KS, Mohamedali A, Noor Z, Wu JX, Pascovici D, Adhikari S, Cheruku HR, Guillemin GJ, McKay MJ, Nice EC, Baker MS
- Issue date: 2021 May 7
- Human follicular fluid proteomic and peptidomic composition quantitative studies by SWATH-MS methodology. Applicability of high pH RP-HPLC fractionation.
- Authors: Lewandowska AE, Macur K, Czaplewska P, Liss J, Łukaszuk K, Ołdziej S
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 16
- Comparison of fractionation proteomics for local SWATH library building.
- Authors: Govaert E, Van Steendam K, Willems S, Vossaert L, Dhaenens M, Deforce D
- Issue date: 2017 Aug