The internal dosimetry user group position statement on molecular radiotherapy
Craig, A. J.
Smith, A. L.
Scott, C. J.
AffiliationThe Internal Dosimetry User Group, England, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Internal Dosimetry User Group (IDUG) is an independent, non-profit group of medical professionals dedicated to the promotion of dosimetry in molecular radiotherapy (www.IDUG.org.uk). The Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017, IR(ME)R, stipulate a requirement for optimisation and verification of molecular radiotherapy treatments, ensuring doses to non-target organs are as low as reasonably practicable. For many molecular radiotherapy treatments currently undertaken within the UK, this requirement is not being fully met. The growth of this field is such that we risk digressing further from IR(ME)R compliance potentially delivering suboptimal therapies that are not in the best interest of our patients. For this purpose, IDUG proposes ten points of action to aid in the successful implementation of this legislation. We urge stakeholders to support these proposals and ensure national provision is sufficient to meet the criteria necessary for compliance, and for the future advancement of molecular radiotherapy within the UK.
CitationGear J, McGowan D, Rojas B, Craig AJ, Smith A-L, Scott CJ, et al. The internal dosimetry user group position statement on molecular radiotherapy. BJR. 2021 Aug 25;20210547.
JournalBritish Journal of Radiology
- Culture of Care: Organizational Responsibilities
- Authors: Brown MJ, Symonowicz C, Medina LV, Bratcher NA, Buckmaster CA, Klein H, Anderson LC, Weichbrod RH, Thompson GAH, Norton JN
- Issue date: 2018
- Suicidal Ideation
- Authors: Harmer B, Lee S, Duong TvH, Saadabadi A
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- EFOMP survey results on national radiotherapy dosimetry audits.
- Authors: Casares-Magaz O, Marcu LG, Prezado Y, Koutsouveli E, Brambilla M
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- EANM position paper on article 56 of the Council Directive 2013/59/Euratom (basic safety standards) for nuclear medicine therapy.
- Authors: Konijnenberg M, Herrmann K, Kobe C, Verburg F, Hindorf C, Hustinx R, Lassmann M
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Dosimetry of ionising radiation in modern radiation oncology.
- Authors: Kron T, Lehmann J, Greer PB
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 21